Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
NBC News
@NBCNews

In early Dec., Biden transition officials began sounding alarm on need to increase shelter space for migrant children, but Trump admin. didn't take action until days before inauguration, according to two Biden transition officials and a US official.
11:42 PM · Mar 24, 2021

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bring back the talking filibuster. You want to hold up a vote, get up there personally for 24 hours straight while no other bills can be debated in the mean time. It would reduce the number of people doing it but still be an option in the future just in case. We shouldn’t take it away entirely. If we had no filibuster from 2016-2020 Trump would’ve went balls deep. I’m not with it.

Remove the filibuster, then reinstate it next year after HR1 is passed :ehh:

Daps
People really should go look at some of the pro gun liberal and 2A gun owner forums, discords, and other social media groups out there. There are a lot a lot of leftie gun lovers out there, and the gun owning cried is becoming less and less white. 2020 was the biggest year for new gun purchases in American history.

There are a massive amount of liberals that don’t support a lot of the gun control suggestions on the table. A lot of them are nervous to speak out about it to their liberal friends and family. Thankfully a lot of them aren’t single issue voters and will still vote Democrat in spite of hating Democrat gun control ideas.

But yeah. I think a full court press on gun control right now will absolutely hurt the Dems in 2022 and 2024.

Yes, more white leftists are joining in, but they are typically fiscally liberal, not socially progressive. They share the same anti-government sentiments as 2A ‘defenders’ on the right, but just in a different way. It’s not really gonna change any votes.

The reason why more and more minorities are becoming 2A defenders and gun rights advocates are the following two reasons

1) Ignorance, not realizing that the regulators mentioned in the 2nd amendment are the same ones who when it comes to enforcement will not treat them the same as their white counterparts. And their white counterparts know that but will use them to advance THEIR cause.

2) Advocating for the same rights and abilities to be extended to minorities when it comes to gun laws/gun purchasing/types of weapons in terms of enforcement. Which will never happen until you change the laws and the justice system.

As a gun owner, I will never align myself with people who don’t have public safety and fair enforcement of gun laws as a part of their thoughts on gun ownership. I also refuse to align with people who don’t advocate from ALL law-abiding, responsible gun owners. Black people have to be willing to be gun owners AND support gun control.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Axios
@axios
Biden on border crisis: "We're building back up the capacity that should have been maintained and built upon that Trump dismantled. It's gonna take time."
Hamed Aleaziz
@Haleaziz
Biden framing immigration issue and number of people coming as not dependent on who is president but due to issues within the countries people are fleeing.
1:38 PM · Mar 25, 2021

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bring back the talking filibuster. You want to hold up a vote, get up there personally for 24 hours straight while no other bills can be debated in the mean time. It would reduce the number of people doing it but still be an option in the future just in case. We shouldn’t take it away entirely. If we had no filibuster from 2016-2020 Trump would’ve went balls deep. I’m not with it.

That's pointless to me tbh.

If Republicans found it politically advantageous to get rid of the filibuster, they would have done it already. But they knew it shielded them because their platform is massively unpopular, and it would have backfired on them immediately.

And if they find it advantageous to get rid of it next time they're in power, they'll do it anyway. They could give AF about a 'talking filibuster' if they find it in the way of their agenda.