How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It feels like the Republicans actually won in 2020.

Nah bro.... you repressing the fukkery we just lived though.

There was basically no federal government for 4 years. Just reality TV, and pettiness

Also the vaccine distribution would be fukked by now and some shady millionaire would be charging money for it.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Ron Klain wasn't impressed.

This isn't about being a cheering for Biden though. People are being plain unreasonable right now and it pisses me off. No president, not one, has ever promised or accomplished, their entire agenda in 2 months. Most are lucky to get 50% done within 4 years. To act like Democrats are losing now when his admin has put us on track to be out of a 100 year pandemic and provide the biggest relief bill in American history is silly. It's ridiculous. People get so stuck in granular policy detail when the general sentiment is "we might be out of the house soon and I might have a nice check by then too, cool with me".
Klain is just trying to under sell and over perform. These were decent numbers but nothing to spike the football over. I like how they’re keeping their cool.

I did not think any of the criticisms leveled at them the past two weeks were too outlandish. It’s important that the left holds Biden accountable and that he listens to them as they represent his blind spot. Everybody has one eye on 2022 and are trying to get as much done in these first 12 months so they have a list of things they can sell to their constituents That’s the root of some of the angst you’re seeing. Everything gets harder from here on out.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Nah bro.... you repressing the fukkery we just lived though.

There was basically no federal government for 4 years. Just reality TV, and pettiness

Also the vaccine distribution would be fukked by now and some shady millionaire would be charging money for it.
I’m talking more about the lack of anything taking place.

Biden is handling COVID well, and he should because that was a lay up from Trump.

I’m still waiting for the “I can get stuff done,” Biden to come through.

This stuff matters because Biden only has until November to pass major legislation. I don’t know if many people in this thread gets that. After November, he can’t do anything until 2023, and if he doesn’t do anything then it will be a GOP Congress.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You realize Republicans are unable to come to the table to deal with Covid and protect voting rights right?

these are really basic things that underpin our society

Yup, which is why the filibuster needs to be removed. Otherwise the Senate isn't passing shyt else aside from the stimulus :yeshrug:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City

tenor.gif

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
People are thinking way too short term about Biden. I think the problem is a lot of people here are either too young or weren't paying attention to politics from 2009-2010.

Back when Obama got elected he had great approval ratings, passed a stimulus, etc., but Dems still got wiped out in 2010. He's doing a good job on COVID, but by Nov 2022 that won't be the #1 issue anymore and if Dems fail to pass anything else (especially HR1) then 2022 and 2024 will be bad regardless.

Basically, the COVID response is good and all but Dems need to be thinking about how they're going to pass anything else.
One of the problems for Obama was that the 2009 stimulus wasn't large enough. Biden and Dems are trying to avoid that now.

I will give you that - Dems do have to pass something else big before the 2022 midterms. Hopefully, Biden knocks some sense into Manchin & Sinema.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Klain is just trying to under sell and over perform. These were decent numbers but nothing to spike the football over. I like how they’re keeping their cool.

I did not think any of the criticisms leveled at them the past two weeks were too outlandish. It’s important that the left holds Biden accountable and that he listens to them as they represent his blind spot. Everybody has one eye on 2022 and are trying to get as much done in these first 12 months so they have a list of things they can sell to their constituents That’s the root of some of the angst you’re seeing. Everything gets harder from here on out.
Really? :comeon:

I understand people's eye towards towards 2022. But they're being completely unrealistic as to how fast any of these things can be accomplished, just as a matter of process.

Legislation doesn't move like that, for better and worse.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
People are thinking way too short term about Biden. I think the problem is a lot of people here are either too young or weren't paying attention to politics from 2009-2010.

Back when Obama got elected he had great approval ratings, passed a stimulus, etc., but Dems still got wiped out in 2010. He's doing a good job on COVID, but by Nov 2022 that won't be the #1 issue anymore and if Dems fail to pass anything else (especially HR1) then 2022 and 2024 will be bad regardless.

Basically, the COVID response is good and all but Dems need to be thinking about how they're going to pass anything else.
I don't agree. Almost 100% of this thread has been people literally on the edge of their keyboard saying to go nuclear on Day 1 because "nothing is happening". We're looking to 2022, but save the hysterics for then.

Yeah, I remember 2009-2010. I also know that this isn't 2009-2010. It's 2021. Obama isn't Biden. That GOP isn't this GOP and those Democrats aren't these Democrats. This financial/social crisis isn't the same as that '08 meltdown and there were plenty of factors related to Obama just being Obama that went into that 2010 wipeout.

Last edited: