How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
There is no reason for Biden to request a tiny stimulus. None.

Republicans can pretend to fight it all they want, but there is no reason. Americans need it.

He could ask for 10 trillion and call it “Americans Going Back to Work 2021.”

Actually invest in infrastructure, broadband internet, transportation, health care, etc.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There is no reason for Biden to request a tiny stimulus. None.

Republicans can pretend to fight it all they want, but there is no reason. Americans need it.

He could ask for 10 trillion and call it “Americans Going Back to Work 2021.”

Actually invest in infrastructure, broadband internet, transportation, health care, etc.

Good luck getting that passed. :heh:

Biden will get the $2 trillion. However, the Fed has enough money floating in the market to where companies should be well poised to takeoff once the virus is slowed down Q3 2021. Banks are liquid and will begin lending again around that time as well. Betting on those factors will keep both sides from going really big on stimulus.

What Democrats need to get done is putting cash in people's hands above all else.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Good luck getting that passed. :heh:
Where did I say it would get passed? :dahell:

I said request it, then you negotiate. While at the same time use the presidency as a bully pulpit. 2 trillion is too low a number, and obviously 10 million is just for negotiation purposes. Starting at 2 trillion will get Republicans requesting 500 billion and now you’re struggling to find a too low medium.

Biden will get the $2 trillion. However, the Fed has enough money floating in the market to where companies should be well poised to takeoff once the virus is slowed down Q3 2021. Banks are liquid and will begin lending again around that time as well. Betting on those factors will keep both sides from going really big on stimulus.

What Democrats need to get done is putting cash in people's hands above all else.
You still believe that this is how the economy works for regular people. :heh:

You have to force it to work with government intervention because corporations and banks won’t.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Where did I say it would get passed? :dahell:

I said request it, then you negotiate. While at the same time use the presidency as a bully pulpit. 2 trillion is too low a number, and obviously 10 million is just for negotiation purposes. Starting at 2 trillion will get Republicans requesting 500 billion and now you’re struggling to find a too low medium.

You still believe that this is how the economy works for regular people. :heh:

You have to force it to work with government intervention because corporations and banks won’t.
Republicans aren't going to agree to more just because you start at 10 trillion. At least make the initial offer realistic. :pachaha:

Pelosi's initial offer was probably the max possible and some economists are already starting to believe the HEROES Act is overdoing it.

Never said there would be no intervention. I'm saying that the government is not going to go with a huge stimulus package with the Fed already pumping out gigantic amounts of QE plus a projected increase in economic activity.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Apparently Michelle Flournoy is rumored for Secretary of Defense and Pete for ambassador to the UN.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Apparently Michelle Flournoy is rumored for Secretary of Defense and Pete for ambassador to the UN.
I don't like Flournoy. Or Rice. They all think Libya is still a good idea.

Liberal interventionists are bad. Not neoconservative bad but they are bad. We need legitimate realists at DOD and DOS, IMO.

Biden on the other hand said hell no to intervening in Libya. :smugbiden:

Biden: I was right about Libya
Intervening in Libya was the wrong decision, Vice President Joe Biden said in a recent interview with Charlie Rose, suggesting that his worst fears and suspicions about what would happen once dictator Muammar Qadhafi was ousted have come to pass.

"There are those who argue, 'Look, we've had a problem — overthrowing these dictators, like Mubarak and like Qadhafi and — and like Saddam. And it's come back and we might ask the question: 'Would we have been better off if they'd stayed?' Saddam, Qadhafi, Mubarak?" Rose asked in an interview aired in full on PBS Monday evening and in part on CBS Tuesday morning.

Biden replied that he had "argued strongly" within the White House "against going ... to Libya," a stance that put him at odds with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, now the Democratic Party's presumptive nominee, whom the vice president endorsed earlier this month after she crossed the threshold of necessary delegates.

"My — my question was, 'OK, tell me what happens?,'" Biden recalled. "'He's gone. What happens? Doesn't the country disintegrate? What happens then? Doesn't it become a place where it becomes a — Petri dish for the growth of extremism? Tell me. Tell me what we're gonna do."

Rose responded, "And it has."

"And it has," Biden said, going on to say that the United States should not use force unless the interests of the country or its allies are directly threatened, whether it can be done "efficaciously" and whether it can be sustained.