How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Biden could do some real good. We need to make sure Georgia wins those two Senate run-offs.

tenor.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good look on Biden picking people that “wronged” him in the past for the greater good. Supposedly Klain and him had a falling out back in 2016 when he chose to work on Hilary’s campaign instead of his. I knew I had read about it months ago in Politico but wasn’t sure it was Klain they were referring to...had to go find the article again and sure enough it was.

‘The President Was Not Encouraging’: What Obama Really Thought About Biden

The most stinging rebuke, however, came when Klain—Biden’s former chief of staff who went back decades with him to when he was chief counsel on Biden’s Judiciary Committee in 1989—defected to Clinton.

“It’s been a little hard for me to play such a role in the Biden demise,” Klain wrote to Podesta in October 2015, a week before Biden gave in and announced he would not run. “I am definitely dead to them—but I’m glad to be on Team HRC.”

According to the email, which was released by WikiLeaks in what American intelligence officials have concluded was a Russian-backed effort to hurt the Clinton campaign, Klain added: “Thanks for inviting me into the campaign, and for sticking with me during the Biden anxiety.”

In the years since Clinton’s loss, Democrat operatives have chuckled at Klain’s attempts to earn his way back into Biden’s good graces, including lots of Twitter praise for the former vice president. Klain is not on the campaign’s payroll but remains an adviser, and observers assume he’s hoping to be chief of staff in a Biden White House. Klain refused to elaborate on the situation: “I’m not going to comment on a story that uses Russian intelligence measures.”

In a sign of the raw feelings, Biden’s aides declined to comment on the fallout from Klain’s defection but said they are happy he is on board in 2020.

Last edited:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
An obvious point to be made is that one shouldn't be "excited" about any of Biden's picks for simply being better than Trump's picks.

The excitement should emanate from the fact that they're actually good. Part of the sloppy liberal mindset is assuming that "more competent than the right-wing" actually means general competence. It doesn't.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dems need to start embracing the green new deal, canvassing in the rural areas that are struggling with farming, coal, oil.. and educate people on how it would not just help climate but also infrastructure and JOBS!
The biggest thing of all - they've let stupid centrists and the right run a massive anti-Green New Deal propaganda campaign for a couple of years now. I even hear a few of the Coli's slowest parrot the talking points.

It is fundamentally: (1) a jobs program and; (2) an ecological program. Providing jobs and educating on the local environmental damage would do tremendous good.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Good look on Biden picking people that “wronged” him in the past for the greater good. Supposedly Klain and him had a falling out back in 2016 when he chose to work on Hilary’s campaign instead of his. I knew I had read about it months ago in Politico but wasn’t sure it was Klain they were referring to...had to go find the article again and sure enough it was.

‘The President Was Not Encouraging’: What Obama Really Thought About Biden
One of Biden's best traits is that he really doesn't seem to hold grudges. He seems like a pretty magnanimous man, personally. Could be a double-edged sword when dealing with bad-faith actors like the Republicans though.