How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Uncle Phil 36

All Star
Daps
why would you leave the senate for some secretary position. i can understand leaving governor of a small state, but US senator is a big deal.

More power especially with the ability to enact changes without always having to go through the legislative process and name recognition

Also, theyre prob over being a Senator

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Bernie or Warren isn’t getting shyt. The Cindy McCains and the Kasichs on the transition team are making sure of that. Plus the Senate is evenly split so they letting a Repugnant Gov replace Sanders

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol: at Biden listening to what anyone else outside of his close group has to say about his cabinet. I'd tell everyone else to fukk off until I'm ready to roll.

Biden's team is going to be mostly centrists with one or two from further reaches of the political spectrum. They most likely will be extremely competent. Progressives and Republicans most likely will not like them. That's a good thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing his picks in a few weeks.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No

The point of these leaks is to test the water.

You mean like how Susan Rice was supposed to be the Vice President? People spent all those days on here arguing and Biden knew from jump he was picking Kamala.
And I bet all the names y’all posting in here will not be the people Biden pick :mjlol:

you clowns getting worked up for nothing... wait and see after Jan 20th because right now it’s all speculation and people leaking their own names out there to be considered.. Biden camp prob already had folk lined up of who they were going to tap from the moment he got the nomination.

Fake outrage culture. Hate it. People need to chill the fukk out.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
These analysts didn't do their due diligence. Half of those listed in OMB previously worked in the Obama WH before Amazon, Lyft, etc.
I...don't think this means what you think it does. Matt Stoller and Zach Carter know very well who these people are. Obama administration officials are notorious for going through the revolving door. His former Press Secretary is now the head PR official at Amazon, getting into fights on Democratic Senators on twitter and going on TV lying about Amazon's abuses of power and workers. His former AG immediately went and joined Covington & Burlington where their clients were some of the biggest banking criminals that the Obama administration refused to prosecute. His former Treasury Secretary immediately went and became the President of a predatory lending company. One of his head Obamacare officials immediately became the CEO of one of the largest private health insurance trade groups. That the people on this list went directly from the Obama WH to some of the most powerful tech companies in the world - whose entire existence really hinges on governmental and regulatory malpractice- and are now being put in position to determine the regulatory direction of the Biden administration is...not an encouraging sign.

The only normalcy these people are likely to restore is the normalcy of corporate corruption and grift that led us to the Trump administration in the first place

Last edited:

King Kreole

Daps
:mjlol: at Biden listening to what anyone else outside of his close group has to say about his cabinet. I'd tell everyone else to fukk off until I'm ready to roll.
Yeah I agree, it's not like Biden is the leader of a political party with various interests and coalitions to cater to or something. It's not like he'll need votes or cooperation from interest groups and activists to get his agenda done. So yeah, he should just tell everyone except Chris Dodd and Ron Klain to get lost. Who cares what the public has to say. Go with your gut, Joe.

:smugbiden:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah I agree, it's not like Biden is the leader of a political party with various interests and coalitions to cater to or something. It's not like he'll need votes or cooperation from interest groups and activists to get his agenda done. So yeah, he should just tell everyone except Chris Dodd and Ron Klain to get lost. Who cares what the public has to say. Go with your gut, Joe.

:smugbiden:
Sounds like a plan. :smugbiden:

Like I said above, this cabinet will be mostly center left with a few from the further reaches of either side of the political spectrum. Thinking this cabinet is going to make progressives happy is fool's gold and you should stop hoping for something that never going to happen.

King Kreole

Daps
Sounds like a plan. :smugbiden:

Like I said above, this cabinet will be mostly center left with a few from the further reaches of either side of the political spectrum. Thinking this cabinet is going to make progressives happy is fool's gold and you should stop hoping for something that never going to happen.
I don't think anyone was thinking that Biden would pick some leftist dream team. In fact, from the start of this thread, the mood from Progressive posters has been pretty suspicious and pessimistic. I don't know why Biden following the shytty path that most of us thought he would follow means we should just shut up and eat gruel with a smile. If he names good people, we will respond in kind, like when he named Gensler as advisor on financial policy. Having principles means you don't drop them just because you lose.