How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
fukk fox news and republicans, i'm speaking about money not being used the right way.
The point is, you can't just throw money at homelessness and its solved. But we can throw money at our geo-political foes via proxy and maintain a country where people are free to criticize the leadership and end up penniless on the street.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
fukk fox news and republicans, i'm speaking about money not being used the right way.
And I'm saying the millions of dollars already spent on the homeless issue is a giant waste and has nothing to do with the money spent arming Ukraine
How you spend millions and millions and there's still tent camps on sidewalks all over the country?

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
The point is, you can't just throw money at homelessness and its solved. But we can throw money at our geo-political foes via proxy and maintain a country where people are free to criticize the leadership and end up penniless on the street.
And I'm saying the millions of dollars already spent on the homeless issue is a giant waste and has nothing to do with the money spent arming Ukraine
How you spend millions and millions and there's still tent camps on sidewalks all over the country?

Someone robbing the money, probably politicians. I don’t trust none of them.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Wait, what? Didn't this country just waste a few trillion in the middle east over the last 20 years.

We throw money at affairs like this and not at homelessness because homelessness is a tool to scare us into working shyttiy jobs. Housing should be a right, and we make it hard for people to get that in this country.

We also throw money at weapons because the US economy revolves around the defense industry.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
We don't have a serious policy to stop homelessness. People that are homeless need homes. The 1998 Faircloth Amendment prevents the US from building new public housing and the ones we have, we give the bare minimum.

Giving Ukraine billions of dollars is not going to win them this war, but it will make sure the MIC keeps collecting their money.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Wait, what? Didn't this country just waste a few trillion in the middle east over the last 20 years.

We throw money at affairs like this and not at homelessness because homelessness is a tool to scare us into working shyttiy jobs. Housing should be a right, and we make it hard for people to get that in this country.

We also throw money at weapons because the US economy revolves around the defense industry.
You're not wrong about any of that...but you missed the point, for better or worse, the majority benefit from geopolitical activity while the few benefit from throwing money at homelessness - especially considering money isn't the primary issue of homelessness.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You're not wrong about any of that...but you missed the point, for better or worse, the majority benefit from geopolitical activity while the few benefit from throwing money at homelessness - especially considering money isn't the primary issue of homelessness.
I don't think any of that is true.

If we were able to actually tackle homelessness and aim for 100% housing, that would mean the cost of living would be more affordable for all.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Homelessness is a local/state even national problem at this point. An internal matter that has had millions thrown at it with no solution.
I know at least here in Miami the director of the homeless trust makes well over 6 figs, probably has 6 certs, and the sidewalk tent camps are still packed
FOH
Ukraine is a foreign policy/geo-political issue. Putin has grand imperial ambitions and needs to be checked.
The false equivalency is Fox/Q anon bullshyt.

We get $33 million for homelessness from the Federal Government (total revenue is $83 million including local and State contributions) and the total salaries of the Homeless Trust are $2 million. :unimpressed:

Homelessness is a local issue that we have the means to solve. And whatever we're paying people to work at the Homeless Trust is fine.

Daps
Utah threw and is throwing tons of money at homelessness to a lot of success. It's also as close to a monocultural state as you can get in this country.

The problems with funding homelessness are social, and of course state and local (zoning laws, NIMBYs). You can indict the feds a bit because HUD is inefficient at counting rural homeless individuals, but homelessness is not a "we don't have enough money" issue and cutting defense spending wouldn't suddenly mean that homelessness was dealt with in any significant way.

What is with the low-level posting across multiple threads?