How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah, all this talking and you still haven't linked a post that said, suggests or intimates "Are we still pretending that the Obama retreads are worse than the incompetence of the last four years?"

The last time I was here posters were pretending that if Michele Flournoy were appointed it would spell the end of the universe as we know it and then when it was announced that Gen. Lloyd Austin was selected (a solid pick) it was still "a disaster" and no I'm not going back several pages. Nobody likes Flournoy but the hyperbole is out of control.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The last time I was here posters were pretending that if Michele Flournoy were appointed it would spell the end of the universe as we know it and then when it was announced that Gen. Lloyd Austin was selected (a solid pick) it was still "a disaster" and no I'm not going back several pages. Nobody likes Flournoy but the hyperbole is out of control.
Like said breh, I need posts that are doing this:
Are we still pretending that the Obama retreads are worse than the incompetence of the last four years?

You haven't shared a single one, but you did lie on brother @NZA.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Like said breh, I need posts that are doing this:

I don't bother with the "let me go back ten pages" game when I know you post in here everyday and you read the same shyt I do. And I ain't lie on @NZA at all he been comin at Kamala and that's fine, it is what it is... but she has a progressive record in the Senate and that's a fact :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don't bother with the "let me go back ten pages" game when I know you post in here everyday and you read the same shyt I do. And I ain't lie on @NZA at all he been comin at Kamala and that's fine, it is what it is... but she has a progressive record in the Senate and that's a fact :manny:
No, you lied on him. And you think I’m one of the doofuses from the Coli and TLR where you can talk circles around without of proving your point. I’m not. You still doing it here without proving anything. It. Is. Amazing.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No, you lied on him. And you think I’m one of the doofuses from the Coli and TLR where you can talk your why out of proving your point. I’m not. You still doing it here without proving anything. It. Is. Amazing.

Actually you are using a TLR tactic. Play dumb, call for "evidence" and then presented with it try to move the goalposts. I don't play that game in here.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
@mastermind I don't have to go far in this thread to find what type of BS it's on and has been on since November. Kamala is one of the most liberal Senators we have.. check the record. But somehow she's a "disaster".

I'm not here to rehash old Kamala arguments either, my point is every single day it's the same routine. Names are floated, same posters fake outrage (and in some cases it's quite clear the posters complaining don't know anything about the person) and the same echo chamber twitter takes are posted ad nauseum. Rinse and repeat.

It's not even fukking January... and by the way the whole "hold Biden accountable" thing would hold a little more weight if there was meat to the argument. Most of these picks are exactly who we thought they'd be and there have been a couple pleasant surprises.
is that supposed to be evidence of "obama retreads being worse than trump"?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Actually you are using a TLR tactic. Play dumb, call for "evidence" and then presented with it try to move the goalposts. I don't play that game in here.
Play dumb? It was your quote, you clown. :russ:

You trolling at this point. Instead of admitting you were wrong, you plan on moving the goalposts and windmilling your way out of this.

Can you show one post that suggests:
Are we still pretending that the Obama retreads are worse than the incompetence of the last four years

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Nope I am left to Biden on many issues. I'm trying to find what pick was so bad and unreasonable that is worth the sky is falling talk going on. There's many retreads yes, there's some picks also that I don't think anyone really has an issue with..
my quote has nothing to do with obama retreads and yet you put me in this anyway...

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Biden’s Revival of U.S. Manufacturing: Personnel Is Policy
Biden’s "Build Back Better" platform on industry, technology, infrastructure and green transition is terrific. What remains to be seen is how it will be carried out.

What’s at issue is a large-scale industrial policy to re-shore supply chains, develop the next generation of green technology, and connect those dots to a massive jobs and infrastructure program. These goals involve several cabinet departments, and cry out for coordination at the highest level.

It would be smart to appoint a senior person with the full backing of the president and lodge that person at the National Economic Council—with authority to coordinate how different departments and presidential actions make the four-way connection between technology policy, reviving industry, transition to renewables, and job-intensive infrastructure.

People with the knowledge of trade and industry and the savvy to get this done do not grow on trees. Three who come to mind are:

Gene Sperling. A veteran of the more progressive wings of both the Clinton and Obama administrations, Sperling did not get one of the top Biden jobs. But Sperling, who was a major participant in devising Build Back Better, would be well suited to helping to carry it out.

Mike Wessel. A widely respected policy expert at the juncture of industry and trade policy, Wessel was runner-up for U.S. Trade Rep. He’s too senior for one of the USTR deputy jobs, but too talented not to be in the mix. Wessel is famous for getting along with all players.

Simon Johnson. An MIT economist and former chief economist for the International Monetary Fund, Johnson has worked closely with the Biden campaign and is being touted for one of the sub-cabinet posts at Treasury. But he knows the connections between industry, finance, and trade, and could also do the industry coordinator job well.

Biden needs to build back better, and he needs to staff up accordingly. For more on the president-elect's industrial policy, click here.

~ ROBERT KUTTNER
Follow Robert Kuttner on Twitter
Robert Kuttner’s latest book is
The Stakes: 2020 and the Survival of American Democracy.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
I haven't been in this thread in a couple days. Are we still pretending that the Obama retreads are worse than the incompetence of the last four years?
No, the thread has moved on from complaining about picks Biden made they're [insert go-to establishment label] to complaining about picks because they're actually suboptimal to bad.

It's progress and I welcome it.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
No, the thread has moved on from complaining about picks Biden made they're [insert go-to establishment label] to complaining about picks because they're actually suboptimal to bad.

It's progress and I welcome it.
Yeah, anyway what are you getting for brunch tomorrow?