How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
my older cousins, siblings, etc were living the young single fun life back in the 2000s for like $700-900 a month while just working retail jobs or other low earning nonprofessional occupations, now its my turn and we have to cough up damn near $2000 a month to live respectably. :gucci:

I’m in New York, the DIRTIEST crappiest oldest apartments are starting for $1600. That may/may not include pests, water issues, noise, impossible parking etc.

I have a decent corporate deskjob income, college degree, and im STILL stressed hunting for a new crib, idk how everyone else is even enjoying their 20s and dating around, traveling with these prices:francis::picard:

Boomers and those old politicians need to jailed for handing us the country like this.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Yeah man they need to do something because basically people with regular jobs can't afford to live without help and basically promoting shacking up. If I were to buy my house today, I probably couldn't afford it comfortably because it's doubled in value since I bought it. Also people renting can't afford to save enough to buy a home these days.

Daps
Better stay with your parents and stack some money to buy a house ( when prices drop, well actually “ if “ ) skip the whole wasting money on renting. So unless your dad still kicking your ass, stay put and just save. These hoes now a days will completely understand you staying with your parents unlike my time lol

a lot of ppl renting are struggling even back in those days living check to check.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Better stay with your parents and stack some money to buy a house ( when prices drop, well actually “ if “ ) skip the whole wasting money on renting. So unless your dad still kicking your ass, stay put and just save. These hoes now a days will completely understand you staying with your parents unlike my time lol

a lot of ppl renting are struggling even back in those days living check to check.

basically like 70% of my social group is still with parents, but I mean you don’t see how jacked up that is? I remember growing up, a 27 yr old still at home was almost UNHEARD of and instantly meant something was really wrong with his ambition or something.

now it’s almost the norm and is sad, people having to spend their entire youthful 20’s living like teenagers still. Whether its the smart thing or not. The previous generations got to fully enjoy their era’s of life

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Quick Answer:

PP_2020.06.02_party-id_2-01-1.png

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Lol. Women don't give a fukk. If you don't have a spot to fukk then they just choose up
Older, more money etc

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
It won’t be addressed. I feel sorry for Gen z tbh. I thought my Gen had it bad, but things are looking very bleak for a lot of younger people—rent, gas, and groceries are getting expensive. Even in the south, the col has gotten bigger.

I’m glad that i’ve set my son up with a few financial accounts so that when he’s in his twenties he has plenty of money to use toward housing, college, etc.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Situation is terrible at ALL economic levels. Until we get these investors out of the market prices aren't going to normalize. fukk the rate of increase leveling off, I'm talking prices DROPPING.

I'm literally on the edge of moving to a new state where land and houses are cheaper.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
my older cousins, siblings, etc were living the young single fun life back in the 2000s for like $700-900 a month while just working retail jobs or other low earning nonprofessional occupations, now its my turn and we have to cough up damn near $2000 a month to live respectably. :gucci:

I’m in New York, the DIRTIEST crappiest oldest apartments are starting for $1600. That may/may not include pests, water issues, noise, impossible parking etc.

I have a decent corporate deskjob income, college degree, and im STILL stressed hunting for a new crib, idk how everyone else is even enjoying their 20s and dating around, traveling with these prices:francis::picard:

Boomers and those old politicians need to jailed for handing us the country like this.
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Those $700-$900 apartments were in areas that weren't desirable, usually the boonies. You can still get shyt for 1k-1500 but new gen is bougie. U gotta be in the mix. U wana go to Miami Beach for spring break with a college student income. Priorities fukked up. Its harder now, but not impossible

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Those $700-$900 apartments were in areas that weren't desirable, usually the boonies. You can still get shyt for 1k-1500 but new gen is bougie. U gotta be in the mix. U wana go to Miami Beach for spring break with a college student income. Priorities fukked up. Its harder now, but not impossible

you couldn’t be anymore wrong about the bolded. Can I ask where you live with $1000 rents? Obviously not in New York

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Stay home or get roommates:yeshrug: