How to make the perfect Ribeye steak - Recipe

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I don't have a flamethrower, but if I sous vide in the pot, I assume, I can just sear it in the cast iron really quickly after I pull it out the bag and pat it dry.

the other thing I don't have is the vacuum seal bags, but I do have the vacuum seal machine, so I need to just order that and I'm good to go.
You can get away with good Ziploc freezer bags if you seal it using the water technique.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I don't have a flamethrower, but if I sous vide in the pot, I assume, I can just sear it in the cast iron really quickly after I pull it out the bag and pat it dry.

the other thing I don't have is the vacuum seal bags, but I do have the vacuum seal machine, so I need to just order that and I'm good to go.

With sous vide, you don’t need to rest the meat. Make sure it’s dry on the surface before searing and you’re set. You got the cast iron, so you’re good money. Enjoy the meal.

Regarding zip loc bags, You can use a big gallon ziplock bag. Use the water replacement trick when you lower the open bag to squeeze the air out of the bag.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One time I got into watching these old Julia Childs cooking videos :pachaha: and she said if you saw how meat and poultry was handled at the factory you'd wash them every time. I use lemon and vinegar myself, if I took meat out the package and started to season it my pops would put me in a headlock on the spot, take a knife right to my face " the f*ck you doing? You need to wash that with a lemon first, no way that's touching my grill without a wash "

Obligatory :dame:
Facts. Those butchers/factory workers dont give a shyt man. Anything thats massed produced will have people who either dont give a fukk or cut corners. Its like any other job

Especially in this current economy...nobody is throwing away a steak :pachaha:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
One time I got into watching these old Julia Childs cooking videos :pachaha: and she said if you saw how meat and poultry was handled at the factory you'd wash them every time. I use lemon and vinegar myself, if I took meat out the package and started to season it my pops would put me in a headlock on the spot, take a knife right to my face " the f*ck you doing? You need to wash that with a lemon first, no way that's touching my grill without a wash "

Obligatory :dame:
I feel you but those Julia Child's videos are from decades ago. If you pat the meat dry any heat from the cooking is gonna kill any bacteria. Using lemon and vinegar is just marinating it to make it more tender.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Facts. Those butchers/factory workers dont give a shyt man. Anything thats massed produced will have people who either dont give a fukk or cut corners. Its like any other job

Especially in this current economy...nobody is throwing away a steak :pachaha:
Idk where you buy your steaks from but most places cut them In house, as soon as they do they get put on display to be sold

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
How did that turn out? never air fried a steak before
You gotta do it for like 6 or 7 mins at 400...flip it..a few more mins but watch it considering how you want it. You can base it down with a little butter and Worcestershire sauce. Comes out juicy and easy to slice..need to start taking pics of this stuff again.