How to make the perfect Ribeye steak - Recipe

Daps
Reppin
NULL
been pan searing for years with butter and garlic basting. the ONLY bad thing about this is they smoke up the house EVERY time :noah:.

the ONLY part I disagree with is washing the meat. that is utterly pointless. I only see black folks doing this.
:patrice: I dunno breh. I understand that cooking it especially at high heat will kill the bacteria but I still gotta clean it. These butchers could have dropped it on the floor or done some other fukk shyt..and it wont sit right with me if I just take it out the package without doing some form of cleaning first.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:patrice: I dunno breh. I understand that cooking it especially at high heat will kill the bacteria but I still gotta clean it. These butchers could have dropped it on the floor or done some other fukk shyt..and it wont sit right with me if I just take it out the package without doing some form of cleaning first.

u think chain stores are gonna risk selling meat that's fallen on the floor??? the risk isn't worth the reward.

furthermore, water doesn't kill bacteria. heat does. all water does is spread bacteria around.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I need heavy cracked pepper on my steak.:noah:

I got a sous vide for christmas, but have yet to use it. I don't have the big water tank for it.
Do you have a tall stock pot or a Dutch oven? That could do.

Chef

All Star
Daps
no dutch oven, but yeah I do have a tall pot that could accomodate the likes of gumbo. use that?
Yeah, clip the bag to the side, and it should sink if you vacuumed sealed it properly. Apply plastic wrap to the top of the pot, make a hole to vent the some of the steam so you can minimize evaporation.

The sous vide is a great machine for cooking, I hope you enjoy it. You can bulk cook eggs, cook delicate protein, and even make deserts.

Please don’t wash meat. :dame:You’re making a homemade pathogen aerosol in your kitchen. Salmonella is no fukking joke.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Vinegar actually does kill bacteria. As does lemon juice. But hey, if you dont want to wash your meat (super pause :huhldup:) its all good breh.

To each is own
One time I got into watching these old Julia Childs cooking videos :pachaha: and she said if you saw how meat and poultry was handled at the factory you'd wash them every time. I use lemon and vinegar myself, if I took meat out the package and started to season it my pops would put me in a headlock on the spot, take a knife right to my face " the f*ck you doing? You need to wash that with a lemon first, no way that's touching my grill without a wash "

Obligatory :dame:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah, clip the bag to the side, and it should sink if you vacuumed sealed it properly. Apply plastic wrap to the top of the pot, make a hole to vent the some of the steam so you can minimize evaporation.

The sous vide is a great machine for cooking, I hope you enjoy it. You can bulk cook eggs, cook delicate protein, and even make deserts.

Please don’t wash meat. :dame:You’re making a homemade pathogen aerosol in your kitchen. Salmonella is no fukking joke.

I don't have a flamethrower, but if I sous vide in the pot, I assume, I can just sear it in the cast iron really quickly after I pull it out the bag and pat it dry.

the other thing I don't have is the vacuum seal bags, but I do have the vacuum seal machine, so I need to just order that and I'm good to go.