'How to Make It in America' stars Bryan Greenberg and Victor Rasuk tease possible 3rd season

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
And we got tired of that show because of its great success followed by major setback formula.

Each season felt like an episode of The Simpsons. A whole lot of stuff that basically ended up in a reset by the end.

Their offices changed and got bigger, but they essentially were the exact same people in the Pilot as they were by the finale.

I liked it, but it had serious potential in the beginning that I don’t think it fulfilled.

Daps
I liked the first season. Don't remember getting much into the 2nd, but not sure how a 3rd one will work after so long.

The first season is meh as fukk. The second season is significantly better. It felt like a reward for those who endured the first season...then they canceled it. :beli:

How To Make It was an admittedly dope show but its been YEARS and the premise is old. What you wanna see these guys in their early 40’s still trying to “make it” ?

Lmao true. I could see it working if Crisp is already a boutique staple and they’re trying to push it to that next level (and deciding how that looks with differing opinions).

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
The first season is meh as fukk. The second season is significantly better. It felt like a reward for those who endured the first season...then they canceled it. :beli:

Lmao true. I could see it working if Crisp is already a boutique staple and they’re trying to push it to that next level (and deciding how that looks with differing opinions).
I'll have to go back and give it a rewatch. Don't think I got fully immersed in it like season 1. Actually might have missed season 2 if I remember correctly. I know I watched season 1 with my friend, had the torrents on a dvd. Don't think we were hanging out that way when season 2 comes out. I'll add it to my watchlist if its not there already.

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
it's kind of funny we were so starved for content back then that we have nostalgia for this mid show

I don’t think that’s the right angle

I actually think that back then, we were are the point where the amount of content was abundant but balanced (we didn’t have streamers, but the networks and cable channels put out a lot of stuff) so there was enough stuff that a show like this, which was indeed mid, actually felt relevant to a sub section of people.

The fact that this show ended, and pretty much since then a show like this hasn’t happened again, even though there’s a billion hours of new content, is an indictment on the flatness of the current landscape.

The promise of streaming was “we’ll make a little bit of everything for everybody, come on in!” but the reality of streaming has become “here’s 1,000 hours of expensive looking but generic mass targeted stuff, shut up and take it.”

Look at HBO for example - they used to have a major hourlong show on a Sunday year round. One show would end, and two Sunday’s later, the next series would start in that time slot. But now, one major Sunday HBO show ends its season, and it takes maybe 6-8 months for the next big Sunday show to recommence.

So yes, HTMIIA was mid, but the nostalgia for it actually speaks to the fact that we’re starved for content now, not back then. The response to a possible reunion of this show should be “why? We have XYZ and ABC that gives me that feeling” not “yo I hope these guys in their 40s can run it back!”

Just my take. Besides I don’t think it’s coming back I think they’re just friends and doing photoshoots and nostalgia photo ops to see if there’s buzz.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Man, I remember going to the premiere party for this joint in a warehouse in Chinatown. Great memories