How to go to the movies by yourself

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
How when a person like me has no friends and I don't want to do the awkward walk in and out of the theatre?

Stop caring about appearances so much. No one cares you're going to the movies alone unless you're smelly/fat and they gotta sit next to you. If anything when you're alone they know you won't be talking during the movie. You're not going to the movies to socialize...

Ever since I got my Sinemia membership I've been going 1-2 times a month alone.

Daps
Stop caring about appearances so much. No one cares you're going to the movies alone unless you're smelly/fat and they gotta sit next to you. If anything when you're alone they know you won't be talking during the movie. You're not going to the movies to socialize...

Ever since I got my Sinemia membership I've been going 1-2 times a month alone.

Me too I go alone all the time. But how do you cope with the embarrassment of going in getting your popcorn and drink for 1, and also getting your tickets ripped and the worker asks, just you? Then you have to walk out alone quickly so no one sees you just saw a movie alone?

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Me too I go alone all the time. But how do you cope with the embarrassment of going in getting your popcorn and drink for 1, and also getting your tickets ripped and the worker asks, just you? Then you have to walk out alone quickly so no one sees you just saw a movie alone?

Seriously it's no big deal dude. I understand it's probably harder for some than others especially if you have anxiety or whatever but going to the movies alone now is common practice. Especially now that all these people got movie pass etc.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
How when a person like me has no friends and I don't want to do the awkward walk in and out of the theatre?
It's not awkward at all breh. You must be young because I used to feel that way when i was younger but grew out of it. I missed out on a lot movies because i was waiting on other people so I just started to go by myself. I look at it as a method to get away and enjoy myself.

Daps
It's not awkward at all breh. You must be young because I used to feel that way when i was younger but grew out of it. I missed out on a lot movies because i was waiting on other people so I just started to go by myself. I look at it as a method to get away and enjoy myself.

We're probably the same age. I do suffer from anxiety though.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
You got bigger problems than watching a movie dolo breh

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I remember watching Here Comes The Boom by myself because 2 of my other boys cancelled at the last second. So I just said fukk it.

Was actually nice, and I wasn't even the only one in there by himself :ehh:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I love going to the movies alone. Hit the theater up on a weekday afternoon or evening and that's some quality alone time to me.

Trust me, no one cares you're seeing a movie alone. People do it all the time.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
If you're really that insecure about going to a movie by yourself maybe your ass should stay home. :yeshrug: Assuming that you're not trolling.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
i only ever go to the movies by myself. i dont think i've ever noticed or gave a shyt who else was there alone :dwillhuh:
a restaurant sure but a movie? you're not there to socialize :skip:
Yeah, I've never gone to an actual restaurant alone. Some day I'd like to walk into a steak house and enjoy a meal by myself though. :pachaha: