How the hell did Siskel and Ebert get so popular? They're terrible reviewers

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I agreed with Ebert more than I did Siskel. One thing that I noticed between them is Siskel always used to hate horror movies (with the lone exceptions of Magic and Halloween), while Ebert would give most a fair chance (with the exception of the Friday the 13th series). Siskel even gave thumbs down to Silence of the Lambs. :beli:

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I liked Roeper's reviews when he replaced Siskel. He argued with Ebert a lot to give movies thumbs up. At The Movies was a weekly watch for me. Love how they never gave blockbusters thumbs up just cause. There was good arguments behind every review.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
I just remember watching the show and once in a while they would get heated as fukk over each other. Almost looked like they were about to throw down.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It could have been worse...Siskel and Ebert could have been like fellow film critic, John Simon:

:mjlol: at him suggesting that kids go see Tender Mercies over The Empire Strikes Back. He also thinks animated films are "low brow" entertainment. :camby:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
People have been hating since the beginning of civilization, its a lucrative business.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
They thrived at a time when the place to get movie reviews was newspaper and you kinda had no choice but to trust it.

Siskel and Ebert pulled up with some level of recognition, credibility along with bad takes on movies that weren’t bad.