How the hell did Siskel and Ebert get so popular? They're terrible reviewers

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Im pretty sure they were the first to do movie reviews on TV.
The show started on PBS and then eventually went to regular Tv.

So they pretty much became the face of movie reviews.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Lol I enjoyed watching their show but they were both always Danny Tanner status. I remember thinking they were softies when I was like 12 with how they hated horror, violence, "monsters" and anything else they thought to be "distasteful."

Watching these old reviews, you can see how their conservative mindsets were the source of most of their criticisms of classic films. Silence of the Lambs is too brutal. Aliens is too upsetting. Jurassic Park is too intense and lacks scenes of childish wonder :heh:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Shut up boy.:ufdup:

I actually agree with the Jurassic park review. They said the human characters were underdeveloped.

They were from a time when studios didn't pay critics to give their movies "thumbs up" "10/10" etc.
They really put thought into their movie review.

Yeah Ebert was dating Oprah, he was the one who told her about syndication and doing that with her show.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
They had a hardcore rivalry in Chiraq, while working for different papers, if I remember, so seeing them together on the old local show was cool. If they agreed on a movie, it was dope.
Good thing the women withheld the p*ssy from them so they could come together for those reviews

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Shut up boy.:ufdup:

I actually agree with the Jurassic park review. They said the human characters were underdeveloped.

They were from a time when studios didn't pay critics to give their movies "thumbs up" "10/10" etc.
They really put thought into their movie review.

Yeah Ebert was dating Oprah, he was the one who told her about syndication and doing that with her show.
:mjpls:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"I didn't feel like a viewer during "Frozen Assets." I felt like an eyewitness at a disaster. If I were more of a hero, I would spend the next couple of weeks breaking into theaters where this movie is being shown, and lead the audience to safety."

This thread should be just posting up hilarious Ebert quotes....