How surprising is Sexyy Redd Surpassing Ice Spice?

Crumple

All Star
Daps
She has more Spotify monthly listeners after ice spice support collapsed over the last year

This song has done better than any Spice song released in 2024. Including gimme the light which was a huge flop that didn’t even chart. This is despite the fact that her debut album supposed to come out a month from now :patrice:

Like if you told people this info this time last year would they believe you?:patrice:

Get it sexy! *Cue clap sounds*

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not surprised t all.

Ice Spice's presence is 100% the machine and attached to forgettable awful music.

Sexy Red's popularity is organic while somehow being way more pop culture relevant and it's been backed by some legit hits. Her let it all hang out personality is endearing to folks and some of her songs really jam.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Interesting premise, OP. In my opinion, I think it's cause the South just have that much of a stronghold on hip hop these days.

It feels like being hot as an artist from the South lasts longer than being hot as an artist from NYC. Because it's not just Ice Spice, you don't hear much about Fivio Foreign or that other girl Scarlip (I think that's her name, I honestly thought it won't be long until she blow)

They said dthang was supposed to save Bronx drill when he got out, but there hasn't been much noise since.

Compare this to the South where an artist can have one summer hit and a few notable features they got placed on due to that summer hit, and they can stretch out their relevance for at least 2-3 years

shes not from the south tho but i get what you’re saying

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Sexy... I cant believe Im about to say this...

Sexxy is a better... rapper... than Ice Spice

Shes also funnier and a more relatable gutter rat. She a scallywag with a heart of gold. Same shyt that made Cardi a star

Id fukk the down syndrome out of Ice but thats literally it, Id probably party with Redd

Which is crazy cause I wouldnt be caught within 3 miles of Sukihana ol loud catfish mouth gangster ass and shes on the same wavelength as Redd :manny: