How soon until the NFL makes this mandatory for players in games?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Im sure we'd adjust to it :manny:
FlFDLCzXEAcEFpy

USATSI_18753280-1536x1024.jpg

2legit

Superstar
Daps
I've always said they should go with no helmets because defenders wouldn't foolishly launch head first anymore if they had no protection. Running Backs aren't going to lower their heads like a battering ram. It would decrease Concussions by a significant amount.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I've always said they should go with no helmets because defenders wouldn't foolishly launch head first anymore if they had no protection. Running Backs aren't going to lower their heads like a battering ram. It would decrease Concussions by a significant amount.
I laugh everytime this comes up. We’d see nikkas literally die on the field if this happened. These brolic nikkas do not care about self preservation and things happen too fast in this league. Not to mention all the cosmetic damage. You’d have to entirely change the sport

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
You funny lol

That last sentence is icing on the cake :skip:

concise

Veteran
Daps

:mjlol:
Football was nearly banned as a sport by President Teddy Roosevelt in the days before helmets due to all the deaths. :skip:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Rugby has no helmets and they have concussion and CTE issues too. And rugby is a far less open, far slower, far less vertical sport than football with incentives to make controlled tackles rather than hitting hard because play doesn't stop after a tackle.

Football was nearly banned as a sport by President Teddy Roosevelt in the days before helmets due to all the deaths. :skip:

Yup, the 1904 season when 18 high school and college players died in a single year (back when the US population was a small fraction of what it is today).

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I laugh everytime this comes up. We’d see nikkas literally die on the field if this happened. These brolic nikkas do not care about self preservation and things happen too fast in this league. Not to mention all the cosmetic damage. You’d have to entirely change the sport
Nah. i used to go crown first on a niqqas ear hole. That aint happening minus a helmet.

Helmets create a courage you dont see in rugby. I busted a dude shoulder putting my head down as he tried to tackle me. Ended up dizzy as fukk but that wasnt happening if I was head naked. :mjgrin:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Nah. i used to go crown first on a niqqas ear hole. That aint happening minus a helmet.

Helmets create a courage you dont see in rugby. I busted a dude shoulder putting my head down as he tried to tackle me. Ended up dizzy as fukk but that wasnt happening if I was head naked. :mjgrin:
Everything you said is true, but having no helmets would not only significantly increase injury, the sport would be seen on some Mad Max and the Thunderdome type shyt. Physics still exists and head/facial injuries would still happen

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Everything you said is true, but having no helmets would not only significantly increase injury, the sport would be seen on some Mad Max and the Thunderdome type shyt. Physics still exists and head/facial injuries would still happen
Yes it would. Rugby doesn’t have near the amount of injuries as American football. Attackers entire approach would be different without the “protection quote from scarring that a helmet only does for someone along with being used as a weapon. No one is tackling with their head down without a helmet. They need to get rid of them shyts.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Yes it would. Rugby doesn’t have near the amount of injuries as American football. Attackers entire approach would be different without the “protection quote from scarring that a helmet only does for someone along with being used as a weapon. No one is tackling with their head down without a helmet. They need to get rid of them shyts.

Rugby is also a completely different sport, the starting and stopping is different, movement of the ball is different, and you're supposed to last the whole game since there are no unlimited substitutions like in American football. American football players would tackle different also if they knew getting subbed out meant they were out of the game until the end too.