How soon after dating your SO did you get engaged/married?

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps
dated for about a year then got engaged.

we were engaged for a little over a year before the wedding.

been married almost 4 years now.

Dated a little over a year, engaged for about 10 months, married for almost 3 years.

How soon did you know? I'm kinda in the earlier stages, but everything feels right. She got me like :smugfavre: .

I know everyone on the Coli is like :scusthov:
I dunno, dating seems to accelerate once you exit your 20s. :noah:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
How soon did you know? I'm kinda in the earlier stages, but everything feels right. She got me like :smugfavre: .

I know everyone on the Coli is like :scusthov:
I dunno, dating seems to accelerate once you exit your 20s. :noah:

i knew very early on. just a gut feeling. everything was right. all the qualities i always said i'd be looking for in a wife/mother of my children were all there.

-from a good family
-her nurturing nature
-she was always supportive of my life and career
-challenged me to better myself when i needed a kick in the ass

i could go on and on

and of course

-her looks
-her personality
-the way she puts herself together

i'm a lucky guy :smugfavre:

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps
i knew very early on. just a gut feeling. everything was right. all the qualities i always said i'd be looking for in a wife/mother of my children were all there.

-from a good family
-her nurturing nature
-she was always supportive of my life and career
-challenged me to better myself when i needed a kick in the ass

i could go on and on

and of course

-her looks
-her personality
-the way she puts herself together

i'm a lucky guy :smugfavre:
I got that feeling too :obama: but I don't want to jump into anything like that too early. Was the one year a point where knew you were good to go?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I have a 1 yr rule to be honest that's just me. If i ain't gonna marry you in a yr ain't never gonna happen.

Reason being is you with somebody for 5 yrs then get married and only last 2 yrs that's 7 yrs total gone and i seen it happen way too often

If i do it in 1 yr and lets say stay married 2 yrs also that's only 3 yrs gone instead of 7. but that's just me

I know myself very well after playing the field for so long. I dont fall in love over time i just don't. I either do it sooner than later.
And if i do I have a process of what im doing after if you worth marrying.

The most important is your flaws.
fukk the pro's cuz you can have all the pro's in the world but 1 flaw can be a DEAL BREAKER.

So if your Flaws is something I can live with then we good
not gonna go in detail for the rest

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Oh i married my wife 7 months in by the way. We been married 2 yrs so far :obama:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I got that feeling too :obama: but I don't want to jump into anything like that too early. Was the one year a point where knew you were good to go?

it was actually a little less than a year.

i don't know how to explain the feeling breh, but i just knew. i had zero doubts in my mind.

if you're feeling unsure at all my advice is wait it out and until you're certain. there is no time limit, it's all about your personal feelings.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
it was actually a little less than a year.

i don't know how to explain the feeling breh, but i just knew. i had zero doubts in my mind.

if you're feeling unsure at all my advice is wait it out and until you're certain. there is no time limit, it's all about your personal feelings.

Sometimes you just know and everything feels right you have zero doubts just do it

but like he said any even a little then wait it out. :shake:

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps

That's the thing that worries me, I know already. I do. :myman:

I think part of me is scared that I know for sure already.

Believe me, I've dated enough to know that the dealbreakers are the key. I mean there are little things here and there, but nothing that's close to a dealbreaker

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That's the thing that worries me, I know already. I do. :myman:

I think part of me is scared that I know for sure already.

Believe me, I've dated enough to know that the dealbreakers are the key. I mean there are little things here and there, but nothing that's close to a dealbreaker

If your scared it sounds like your worried if you get married she gonna Break your heart because of all the high divorce rates

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps
If your scared it sounds like your worried if you get married she gonna Break your heart because of all the high divorce rates

Nah, I'm just apprehensive that, in general, what I thought would take years only took a few months :manny:

I'm not even thinking about divorces or anything like that.:heh:

BrehMan

Old Avi from :hamster:
Daps
Reppin
See the Avi
We were together 2 1/2 years before I popped the question. We're getting married this coming March.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Nah, I'm just apprehensive that, in general, what I thought would take years only took a few months :manny:

I'm not even thinking about divorces or anything like that.:heh:

Then thats good to hear. If its just apprehensive then go for it :win:

Its just sometimes when it hits you so quick you thinking like WTF how did i get this way so fast that wasn't suppose to happen but man is she a good woman and you know you got that Y wait go for it.