How sad was it when the hood dismissed Starburys as "cheap sneakers?"

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I clowned a dude so hard for wearing Starbury's :snoop:

breh came on the first day of junior year for him...senior year for me.

Had the fresh Nike T shirt... nice new levis...and a pair of red Starbury's to match the Nike swoosh

I know he left the house feeling like :youngsabo:

maaaaaaaan

I took one look at dude and said "Oh you can afford the shirt but not the shoes?"

"man shut up" :sadcam:

"Are those the 'be a Star'-bury's"

":mjcry:"

"If you don't get those generic ass backup point guard shoes TF outta here..."

:wow: I was ruthless...and really I was just dissing his family.

"And that's how I know that I ain't shyt" -Malice from Clipse

I'll never understand this need for a. "stunting" b. making fun of someone of his/her clothes or general appearance. I'm happy I didn't grow up in such an environment.

At least you realize it was wrong :yeshrug:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Its all about stunting man.

Sneaker culture back when we was in high school was craaaazy.

It was about the price and the look.

"These jordans cost me 250"
"Copped these tony the tiger forces for 2 hunnid"

"Ooo those gon look hard wit that ____ throwback" :flabbynsick:

Yeah, the early 2000s was a monster with rampid materialism and conformity.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
That's about to change
Stagnant ass wages got everybody thinking twice

it'll never change. Stagnant wages aint stopping shyt. I've seen it with my own eyes. Females living in the projects on public assistance but will clown you if u aren't rocking name brand. That mentality is going nowhere.

I'll never forget going to this chicks house after playing football and I had some Riddells with rubber cleats ....and she started clowning. I was like :rudy: I just finished playing football, these are for football. Weeks later she brought it up "what happened to them Riddells?" Like she was trying to clown, I was like :what:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
They were meant for playing ball not sit else.

:patrice:

You say that like dudes dont play ball in tennis and running shoes and dudes dont rock basketball shoes to stunt.

Yeah, I don't get the point Son of Sierra Leone is trying to make. It was normal for Basketball shoes to be worn as casual wear or to stunt.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Yeah, I don't get the point Son of Sierra Leone is trying to make. It was normal for Basketball shoes to be worn as casual wear or to stunt.

You don't stunt wearing no fukking starbury's tho.

That's like trying to stunt in a Toyotta Trecell and not a throwback Volvo.

It's not what you rocking but HOW you rock it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I think about this specific brand all the time. People literally were concerned with looking cheap over supporting this shyt. All them shoes made at the same factories. shyt really was stupid that it went out of business that fast. Dude was pricing his stuff for people to buy and support. :snoop:Then people turn around and be like "BBB shoes too much to support". You didn't support when they stuff was priced low as hell either. :martin:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I remember his shoes having a decent amount of support. The first few versions.
But people complained about the quality. Especially those who played in them.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Most hood nikkaz wear some fly shyt and talk shyt when nikkas wear "cheap"/knock off brands or past trends while they're on government assistance... no :mjpls: shyt.. just saying from what i seen and experienced
:pachaha:Don't forget buying brand-name clothes & gear from Bazaars in the hood. A lot of the name-brand clothes & gear sold at Bazaars are actually replicas/fakes.

:snoop: I didn't find out about this shyt till the summer after my senior year of High School though. I would've been shopping at Bazaars throughout High School if I knew about this.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I remember his shoes having a decent amount of support. The first few versions.
But people complained about the quality. Especially those who played in them.

This is what I remember and I have to be truthful. They didnt have the same durability as Air Maxs or Jordans. Like after about 6 months the wear and tear was unavoidable and they were trash worthty. But for those 1st 6 months u were good. :yeshrug:

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
:pachaha:Don't forget buying brand-name clothes & gear from Bazaars in the hood. A lot of the name-brand clothes & gear sold at Bazaars are actually replicas/fakes.

:snoop: I didn't find out about this shyt till the summer after my senior year of High School though. I would've been shopping at Bazaars throughout High School if I knew about this.

LOL @ Bazaars.

I remember dudes going downtown to the 20's where they had the high quality bootleg name brand shyt come back in the hood and sell it but tell the people it fell off the truck.

:heh: