How sad was it when the hood dismissed Starburys as "cheap sneakers?"

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
Marburys main purpose of creating his sneaker was that he saw the situation with Black folks getting robbed and killed for overpriced sneakers as a problem. So he makes a fine quality shoe that looked and felt good and tried to make change. And what did the hood do? Dismissed the sneaker as being "cheap." I bought a pair for "the cause." When they came out they were only available in one store in Downtown NYC. Whenever they were brought up and someone actually had a pair it was the same narrative...."Naa, I only rock them when playing ball" Thats what everyone would say "I only wear them playing ball." You couldnt just rock them, they were the kicks u put on for playing ball with. And soon all over the hood they had a rep for being "cheap shoes". I'll never forget copping a pair for my then 8 year old son for "the cause" and when he went to his aunts house my son overheard her saying "Can u believe he bought him some 15 dollar shoes?" and she said that like I wasnt already buying him all the fly bullshyt that the ghetto approves of. :snoop:

No one gave a fukk about "The cause", Starburys were dismissed as "cheap sneakers."

starbury-1.jpg

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I use to wear these

I had 2 pair and was in my mid 20's so I didnt give a fukk about what the crowd was saying. I wore both pairs till they wore out. Only reason I didnt go back to cop more was because I didnt believe in going all the way downtown to cop sneakers like that. But had they have been available at regular sneaker outlets I woulda kept it going.

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
Let's take out the affordability and economic social status of most people buying Jordan's

In my school people were getting chopped up for rocking AI's. No one would rock starburya but I do salute breh. Bur a broke breh would just get some chuck taylors and call it a day. shyt are a least some Nike slides.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Let's take out the affordability and economic social status of most people buying Jordan's

In my school people were getting chopped up for rocking AI's. No one would rock starburya but I do salute breh. Bur a broke breh would just get some chuck taylors and call it a day. shyt are a least some Nike slides.

Th eirony is that If Marbury would have taken the same shoe and sold them for $100 they woulda been all over the hood.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marburys main purpose of creating his sneaker was that he saw the situation with Black folks getting robbed and killed for overpriced sneakers as a problem. So he makes a fine quality shoe that looked and felt good and tried to make change. And what did the hood do? Dismissed the sneaker as being "cheap." I bought a pair for "the cause." When they came out they were only available in one store in Downtown NYC. Whenever they were brought up and someone actually had a pair it was the same narrative...."Naa, I only rock them when playing ball" Thats what everyone would say "I only wear them playing ball." You couldnt just rock them, they were the kicks u put on for playing ball with. And soon all over the hood they had a rep for being "cheap shoes". I'll never forget copping a pair for my then 8 year old son for "the cause" and when he went to his aunts house my son overheard her saying "Can u believe he bought him some 15 dollar shoes?" and she said that like I wasnt already buying him all the fly bullshyt that the ghetto approves of. :snoop:

No one gave a fukk about "The cause", Starburys were dismissed as "cheap sneakers."

starbury-1.jpg

materialism got us fukked up

we got kids working dead end jobs to afford $300 white tees and $600 yeezys, supporting the biggest c00n celebrity possible

same thing now. BBB will have dumbazzes tripping over themselves to waste a check