How realistic is this goal

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You clearly do not.

you CANNOT put on 4 lbs of muscle in one month naturally especially if you aren't a novice to working out.
You stupid fukk where did anyone say 4lbs of ALL muscle,he clearly said he wanna put on 12-15 pounds and I said he could put on 2-4 per month on the safe side,if he does that right it’ll mostly be muscle and tiny bit of fat lol you dudes need to learn to read. I know what the fukk I’m talking about like I said.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
You stupid fukk where did anyone say 4lbs of ALL muscle,he clearly said he wanna put on 12-15 pounds and I said he could put on 2-4 per month on the safe side,if he does that right it’ll mostly be muscle and tiny bit of fat lol you dudes need to learn to read. I know what the fukk I’m talking about like I said.
"It'll be mostly muscle and a tiny bit of fat"

shut the fukk up no it wouldn't. Just because you try to "add a little bit of fat" doesn't mean you'll gain a lot of majority muscle and very little fat.

And if you weren't just talking about putting on muscle you would tell him he can put on wayyy more weight in a month than 2-4 lbs :laff: :laff: :laff:

How many studies have been done that show that there's a maximum of 2lbs of muscle gained per month and that's with your workout, diet, sleep all on point.

And that 2lbs per month goes down the more you progress :mjlol:

Dude said he was 8% bf % at 183lbs, it'll be hard for him to put on muscle at that body fat %.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I think without all this information the better question how much pounds of muscle do you think the average can add in 3 months I see this is the internet so you likely think I’m an unfit herb; assuming was one, how much weight u think I can put on in lean mass in 3 months
If you are 183lbs 8% bf you should have been in the gym for a minute and should know your body's natural progression.

You should know how much muscle you can put on in 3-4 months.

Honestly, I'd say it'd be about 1lb if you are lucky, especially if you already got your newbie gains.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit

shut the fukk up no it wouldn't. Just because you try to "add a little bit of fat" doesn't mean you'll gain a lot of majority muscle and very little fat.

And if you weren't just talking about putting on muscle you would tell him he can put on wayyy more weight in a month than 2-4 lbs :laff: :laff: :laff:

How many studies have been done that show that there's a maximum of 2lbs of muscle gained per month and that's with your workout, diet, sleep all on point.

Dude said he was 8% bf % at 183lbs, it'll be hard for him to put on muscle at that body fat %.

See this why thecoli is sometimes the wrong place to be you a clown out here giving bad information. You don’t lift and don’t even know what you talking about,you trash at this please shut up before you steer this man in the wrong direction. Leave the thread you are clueless as to what you can achieve when lifting weights

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
If you are 183lbs 8% bf you should have been in the gym for a minute and should know your body's natural progression.

You should know how much muscle you can put on in 3-4 months.

Honestly, I'd say it'd be about 1lb if you are lucky, especially if you already got your newbie gains.

Mostly correct,I’d say he can aim for 2-4 pounds a month depending on genetics and training

I feel like y'all are both right though.

No, OP cannot realistically put on 4 pounds of lean mass (muscle, water, connective tissue, no fat) if he is:
1) Indeed 8% b.f. (most motherfukkers really overestimate their leanness and are either using highly inaccurate methods or 'eyeball tests')

2) Not advanced enough to know the answer to this question. He might be able to make good noob gains, but conversely probably won't know how to train hard enough and eat enough to make this happen.

All of this assumes OP can train, eat, recover/sleep enough for optimal growth. If OP tries to bullshyt his training, trains straight isos, skips major muscle groups, binge drinks, stay up late playing video games, the amount he can possibly put on will decrease accordingly.

@SheWantTheD is correct, the more advanced you are the slower your muscle gains will be. The leaner OP is, the harder it will be for him to put on lean mass.

@A.R. is also correct. If OP eats enough he might be able to gain a pound a week for 3 or 4 months, but it won't be straight muscle tissue; there will be water, carbs, connective tissue, and some fat all making up that increase in weight.

Son Goku

Daps
body-fat-percentage-men-women.png

body-fat-man-8.png

@Apprentice, if you're on par with the dudes in these pictures (sorry all cacs), it will probably take longer to gain that much mass (cleanly). If you're not that lean it might be possible in that timeframe.

Also,
The WeighTrainer - Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements Calculator
I'd plug your numbers into this calc OP. It'll give you a rough estimation on what is realistic for your frame.

Assuming you're not a genetic freak, the biggest you could hope to be is around 210 @ 8% (assuming natty). :manny:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
@All-Black the Necroverse @A.R.

here’s a pic of my body currently, didn’t want anything to be left to guessing. Spoke to some people would probably say 8% was an inaccurate depiction

hope this picture helps.

82970562-7-C6-E-4922-80-E8-17-FDA1516-D16.jpg

Son Goku

Daps

here’s a pic of my body currently, didn’t want anything to be left to guessing. Spoke to some people would probably say 8% was an inaccurate depiction

hope this picture helps.

Yeah, you should be able to put the weight on in that timeframe as long as you eat like it's your job and train hard.

Good luck B.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I feel like y'all are both right though.

No, OP cannot realistically put on 4 pounds of lean mass (muscle, water, connective tissue, no fat) if he is:
1) Indeed 8% b.f. (most motherfukkers really overestimate their leanness and are either using highly inaccurate methods or 'eyeball tests')

2) Not advanced enough to know the answer to this question. He might be able to make good noob gains, but conversely probably won't know how to train hard enough and eat enough to make this happen.

All of this assumes OP can train, eat, recover/sleep enough for optimal growth. If OP tries to bullshyt his training, trains straight isos, skips major muscle groups, binge drinks, stay up late playing video games, the amount he can possibly put on will decrease accordingly.

@SheWantTheD is correct, the more advanced you are the slower your muscle gains will be. The leaner OP is, the harder it will be for him to put on lean mass.

@A.R. is also correct. If OP eats enough he might be able to gain a pound a week for 3 or 4 months, but it won't be straight muscle tissue; there will be water, carbs, connective tissue, and some fat all making up that increase in weight.
Thank you! I was tryna tell dawg foolish ass this but he just think he know everything when he knows very little @SheWantTheD

Appreciate you fam

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit

hope this picture helps.

Yea you higher than 8% but you got a good base to reach your goal.

How long you been lifting?

What’s your max bench,squat and deadlift?