How realistic is this goal

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’m 5’11 183 right now, like 8% body fat

how realistic is it to get to 195-200 by March or April?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

How realistic is it to gain 12-17 pounds in 3 or 4 months? Impossible to say without knowing your diet, supplementation, recovery capabilities, training history, and programming. :ufdup:

Provide that information and we may be able to help you.

Also, it is possible that you are lean but unlikely you are 8% b.f. as verified by DEXA scan. What most people claim is 8% is actually closer to 11 or 12% on a scan. So putting on 12-17 pounds and ending up 13-16+% (meaning you put on pure fat)? Very realistic. Putting on 12-17 pounds of lean mass in that time? Very unrealistic, especially if you're trying to do it natty and are legit 8%.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
How realistic is it to gain 12-17 pounds in 3 or 4 months? Impossible to say without knowing your diet, supplementation, recovery capabilities, training history, and programming. :ufdup:

Provide that information and we may be able to help you.

Also, it is possible that you are lean but unlikely you are 8% b.f. as verified by DEXA scan. What most people claim is 8% is actually closer to 11 or 12% on a scan. So putting on 12-17 pounds and ending up 13-16+% (meaning you put on pure fat)? Very realistic. Putting on 12-17 pounds of lean mass in that time? Very unrealistic, especially if you're trying to do it natty and are legit 8%.
I think without all this information the better question how much pounds of muscle do you think the average can add in 3 months I see this is the internet so you likely think I’m an unfit herb; assuming was one, how much weight u think I can put on in lean mass in 3 months

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I think without all this information the better question how much pounds of muscle do you think the average can add in 3 months I see this is the internet so you likely think I’m an unfit herb; assuming was one, how much weight u think I can put on in lean mass in 3 months

My standards are skewed, so I think most people, even people I meet in the gym, are unfit herbs. Also, most fit herbs in my experience would already kinda know the answer to this question. :yeshrug:

Regardless of what I think, the fact is most body fat measuring methods are highly inaccurate and the only ones I place much stock in are the Pod and the DEXA. YMMV.

With that being said, it's still gonna depend on all of those factors I mentioned, along with genetics. Best case scenario? 1kg of lean mass (max) per month. So 6.6 pounds of beef (dame) in three months, plus the water weight associated with bulking.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
My standards are skewed, so I think most people, even people I meet in the gym, are unfit herbs. Also, most fit herbs in my experience would already kinda know the answer to this question. :yeshrug:

Regardless of what I think, the fact is most body fat measuring methods are highly inaccurate and the only ones I place much stock in are the Pod and the DEXA. YMMV.

With that being said, it's still gonna depend on all of those factors I mentioned, along with genetics. Best case scenario? 1kg of lean mass (max) per month. So 6.6 pounds of beef (dame) in three months, plus the water weight associated with bulking.
Bet appreciate that bro

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Genetics. Is the men in your family on the slim side or the sticky side? You definitely could reach that as a goal. Depending on your genetics depends on will some it will be fat or most of it being fat.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Need to know more info I know a guy who legit put on 53 pounds in a year and put on minimal fat(155-208)

You can do it but it just depends on your genetics,how much muscle you have right now and how hard you train(lift and eat)

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Mostly correct,I’d say he can aim for 2-4 pounds a month depending on genetics and training

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
We talking muscle? Building muscle is a slow process, no way you putting on 12 lbs of muscle in 3-4 months naturally.

it’s a marathon not a sprint.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
If you bulk you will be putting on both muscle and fat.

I doubt you are 183 lbs at 8% body fat though. You’d look impressive and being able to put on muscle while maintaining 8% body fat as a natural is going to be very difficult... and take way longer then 3-4 months