How Much Pressure Is On Rockstar To Deliver With GTA 6?

how much pressure is on rockstar to deliever with GTA6?

• it needs to be great! the entire AAA industry depends on it succeeding

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Rockstar's future rests on GTA6 being a critical & commerical success

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • GTA6 not being some generation-defining game would be a bummer, but it's not the be-all-end-all

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • it ain't that deep, it's just one game. Rockstar can afford for it to flop and they'd still be fine

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • GTA doesn't have the clout it used to. it's not that big of a deal

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Dude it wont be a flop... it might not be strong as the previous games but dammit i bet the graphics gonna be some next gen next level shyt...:wow: they always squeeze the best outta these consoles... I wouldnt worry..

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Rockstar would have to make some Chinatown Wars/GTA2 type shyt for people to even look twice before purchasing.

There’s only one other developer with that amount of cachet and that’s FROM software.

Can’t even believe this is a legitimate question.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Which part of GTA do you think Rockstar is worried about? Certainly not the story part. They did not give near as much of a fukk about GTA 5's story to even try and amend any of that bullshyt with DLC like they did in the past and after realizing that they created a virtual world in which people paid actual money to gain the ability to crash out and dominate their peers, they made it their whole modus operandi for operating as a company for the foreseeable future.
This story could be nothing more than two meth addicts acting like CJ and Catalina from San Andreas for 20 minutes of story, and this game would still be highly successful as all the deviants that made GTA Online accessible through GTA 5 switch over to GTA 6 Online and keep the griefing train rolling.
I don't like predict shyt, but I can guarantee you this just might be the last GTA game with a story taketwo/rockstar give us, as they shoot GTA 5's online universe in the head and start milking GTA 6's online for another 15 years, with plans to make anything moving forward with the franchise a "Online story mission" branded experience.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
It won't flop. Even if the game is 95% online. You'll have every single member of the YouTube gaming community buying the game and spending copious amounts of money on in game purchases

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Let's just say that this will make sales records regardless. But if it's a Starfield or Cyberpunk situation where it underwhelms, Rockstar may be screwed long term because because their games are so high budget. They've released two games in the past ten years. This leaves little room for failure or even mediocrity. GTA has morphed into a prestige game and it's high risk high reward. If this game isn't ground breakng great and especially after a ten year wait it will permanently scar Rockstar's reputation long-term.

So it won't bomb but if it's not incredible R* could be in trouble.

Last edited:

marleyg

drug
Daps
Reppin
coLT$, kAkALAk
i wonT a new Red Dead

54608c0aa57dbba1a57ca55657e54bf70a-12-rockstar-games-lede.jpg

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
None. The gaming industry is to vested in GTA 6 to let it fail. Even if it came out and it was actually a trash game, everyone will call it great and recommend it because there will be to much content creation around the game not to.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
There's no chance of it flopping anyways. They have the formula for printing money now

JNew

Superstar
Daps
As for the game doing numbers and being a financial success no problem Rok* is counting their money already.

As for the game being ground breaking and generational I doubt it.