How much money did you have when you moved into your first place?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Thinking of staking up for a while before i move out to a new place, you know just so i know im safe

what was your pockets like when you found your space?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
The first time I moved out on my own I had just enough money to pay for the first and last month's rent and a security deposit, and I was essentially broke after paying that...

I would NOT recommend going that route.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
The first time I moved out on my own I had just enough money to pay for the first and last month's rent and a security deposit, and I was essentially broke after paying that...

I would NOT recommend going that route.

man how did you survive then

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
man how did you survive then
Well, I still had a job, but I was really only barely to pay the rent and live off of that... when my roommate at the time decided to just skate on the rent, I was fukked because I had nothing saved up.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Well, I still had a job, but I was really only barely to pay the rent and live off of that... when my roommate at the time decided to just skate on the rent, I was fukked because I had nothing saved up.

how much do you think you needed to be in the safe zone and not worry about much?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
as an adult, i was like 23 back in 2001. it was 2 stacks I had saved. my job was paying like 37K at the time, but I didn't have a car note or anything. also gas was only like $1.25 a gallon back then. I think my rent was like $590 for 1 BR.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
a lot

I was still in college actually but I came into some money.

I remember I got in a fight with my mom one day and realized that I could move out. Got a sick apartment downtown a few weeks later. I was paying like 1100 a month. lol I had no idea about budgeting or anything.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
as an adult, i was like 23 back in 2001. it was 2 stacks I had saved. my job was paying like 37K at the time, but I didn't have a car note or anything. also gas was only like $1.25 a gallon back then. I think my rent was like $590 for 1 BR.

not bad, did you run into problems after?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
how much do you think you needed to be in the safe zone and not worry about much?
Well, you can't really expect for your roommate to just say fukk the lease and leave you with the bill, but I should have had at least a couple of racks stacked before I moved out. Just make sure you have enough paper to live on if you were to lose your job for at least a couple of months; the actual dollar amount depends on how much you pay in rent, the lifestyle and city you live in, and how long it'd probably take for you to find a new job in whatever your field is.

More important than actual cash saved though may be having a second income or source of income.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Well, you can't really expect for your roommate to just say fukk the lease and leave you with the bill, but I should have had at least a couple of racks stacked before I moved out. Just make sure you have enough paper to live on if you were to lose your job for at least a couple of months; the actual dollar amount depends on how much you pay in rent, the lifestyle and city you live in, and how long it'd probably take for you to find a new job in whatever your field is.

More important than actual cash saved though may be having a second income or source of income.

yeah funny thing is me and the homies were going to move in together but theirs one that always fukks up his money so fukk that

i need to get my 2nd hustle on :patrice:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
a lot

I was still in college actually but I came into some money.

I remember I got in a fight with my mom one day and realized that I could move out. Got a sick apartment downtown a few weeks later. I was paying like 1100 a month. lol I had no idea about budgeting or anything.

BALLINNNN