How Many Prequels/Origin Stories Actually Strengthened Or Improved A Franchise?

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
Batman Begins
Apes trilogy
A lot of Godzilla movies
Lion king 1 1/2
Casper meets Wendy
Final destination 5
X-men days of future past
The scorpion king
Fast n furious 4 5 6
Paranormal activity 2
Minions
Quija orgin of evil

I can go alllllllllllllllllll day

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
First Class was still good though. But I agree with the disdain for Mystique. They did the same thing with Wolverine in the earlier movies.
at least that falls in line with the comics. Mystique isn't even really an X-man. And Wolvering has been the most popular X-man since he was introduced. But I agree they should've took the Disney Marvel approach and had them all share the screen equally in the team ups and get the focus only in their own movies.

With First Class the main problem is it doesn't really matter how the good the movie was, I'm a fan of Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Archangel and Colossus. They couldn't find a way to have a single one of those characters in it?

Instead we get Beast (who is human 95% of the time?) Pass. Banshee(whose super power is literally to scream like a bytch?)Hard pass. Havok(AKA C list version of Cyclops? Literallly could've chose Eddie Murphy but was like naw lets go with charlie for this one) Pass

and last but not least Darwin
tenor.gif

you got access to at least 12 recognizable x-men and countless others who are cool but haven't gotten exposure yet(forge could literally be the tony stark of Fox Marvel if handled right) and you go with Darwin?
:dead:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You mean Mystique the First Class? :scusthov:

Those prequels were terrible, make a henchman level villian, the hero and the face of your franchise brehs

In terms of First Class I don't agree because that movie was amazing, but the rise of Jennifer Lawrence definitely impacted the other films. Ain't nobody tryna see Mystique be an A-lister breh.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I can’t think of any. The Star Wars prequels were bad for the most part but they didn’t actually hurt the originals so I guess that’s a plus. Can’t say the same for the new aliens. Prometheus was ok but outside the end didn’t really make connections to the franchise. Covenant tho :scust: Just awful. The whole point of alien that made them so terrifying was the complete mystery of them and why they are what they are. So when they are revealed to be just some BS experiment of Michael Shannon it just ruins the OG movies

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Godfather 2 is like half-prequel / half-sequel to the original and that shyt is just as classic too.

The new Planet of the Apes series is looking pretty dope as well based on what I've seen so far (Rise and Dawn)

And if we count anime, then Fate/Zero as a prequel completely outclasses the story it was based off of.
Speaking of Godfather, there were rumours in the late 90s that The Godfather 4 was supposed to be a prequel

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
at least that falls in line with the comics. Mystique isn't even really an X-man. And Wolvering has been the most popular X-man since he was introduced. But I agree they should've took the Disney Marvel approach and had them all share the screen equally in the team ups and get the focus only in their own movies.

With First Class the main problem is it doesn't really matter how the good the movie was, I'm a fan of Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Archangel and Colossus. They couldn't find a way to have a single one of those characters in it?

Instead we get Beast (who is human 95% of the time?) Pass. Banshee(whose super power is literally to scream like a bytch?)Hard pass. Havok(AKA C list version of Cyclops? Literallly could've chose Eddie Murphy but was like naw lets go with charlie for this one) Pass

and last but not least Darwin
tenor.gif

you got access to at least 12 recognizable x-men and countless others who are cool but haven't gotten exposure yet(forge could literally be the tony stark of Fox Marvel if handled right) and you go with Darwin?
:dead:
So the problem with first class is it didn't cater to which characters you yourself like?:gucci:

By the way,this is what the original comic beast looked like
1671368-beast_1a_original_costume.png