How many people gonna get the PS5 Digital Edition if it's $100 cheaper?

which PS5?

• Total voters

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
a Blu Ray drive don't cost $100, so Sony taking a loss if they price the Digital Edition $100 cheaper (on top of whatever loss they may already be taking). but they can make it up since people won't be able to rent, or borrow, (edit: or used) digital games. $100 cheaper would still be a bold move to push people towards going all digital

through the years there's been a lot of opposition to digital games here on The Coli. "you don't own the games", "what if they remove a game", etc. as an all digital PC Gamer, a lot of the doom and gloom is funny to me, because I haven't had a real problem with going all digital for 10+ years

honestly IMO that asymmetrical bubble-butt PS5 with the optical drive looks worse

so what are Coli brehs planning on getting? and would it being a less than $100 difference influence your decision?

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i have to see their line up.
at this point, like right now, theres no incentive for me to go digital only with ps5. ima have to get the blu ray version to be future safe

now if they do something like gamepass ultimate i might start juelzing

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I’ve had my PS4 since launch. When you think of something having a 7-8 year life $100 more really ain’t that bad of an investment. As the console life progresses that SSD ain’t gonna hold up downloading games. $100 for a Blu-ray drive or $200 or more for their SSD add on(s)