How many of you nikkaz not interested in lifting weights?

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Before I go balls deep imma get in dis biatch, I lift weights in my teens & developed my body ,I now r un to maintain my stamina

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
so your logic is only skinny people do pushups?

and to answer your question its an emphatic :rudy:
You have to do more to maintain then pushups is what im saying otherwise you have a big chest and arms with legs like a mosquito. :lift: U tryina work it out u trnya get brolic? :lolbron:

Emphatic. Whoa. You been waitin years to use that word huh. :whew:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
goin to the gym sucks ass at first when you're not used to it, then you get into it and you look forward to it

sometimes u dont wana go but u make urself go.. i was in cancun last month and im glad i stick to my routine, there were a lot of :flabbynsick: ppl walkin around lookin like 200 pounds of bird shyt.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im talking about you thin/athletic nikkaz

Im 6'2, Goodlooking, big dikkk, and athletic type build.

Wtf should i lift weights for ?

I used to lift till i got in very good shape nothing changed and bytches did not care. the whole lifting weights gets girls is false.
If you aint get more attention from bytches after you started lifting then you aint do it right :russ:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I keep it to a minimum these days, and I usually do a lot of body-weight, resistance and cardio..............a yoga :birdman:.

In high school a few years ago, I lifted more than anything for sports. The way my body is, the way I ate and my frame, I never had a problem building muscle. I started running a lot more since I've been in college, and I felt the need to bring down my mass down alot and I kinda like the way my clothes lay on me now :shrug2:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
To all that are saying pushups 'don't get you big/strong' (assuming that's your goal) you are mistaken. I remember being locked up in a particular commonwealth state's county prison when I was in my short lived 'badman thug' stage in life and they didn't have any weights, it was against their policy. So was making 'artificial' weights such as filling your bin with water or your pillow case with books, etc. Those things can be curled or pressed and just overall manipulated in any number of ways to simulate/get the similar effects of weight training. If you did make these items(and people did of course) it would be deemed 'contraband' and treated just as if you'd smuggled weights into the prison, and you'd get into a lot of trouble. :wow:
Yet, even with all of those restrictions on weights, they couldn't legally stop us from 'working out', and so almost everybody still managed to brick up and get big. And it was done with simply pushups, pullups, and dips(along with other variations of those exercises that the ex military turned current crack heads in there knew and would show, etc).
Also let it be duly noted that in many forms of martial arts there is little to non existent weight usage. Maybe in MMA there is regular weight training. But in traditional martial arts there is a lot of upper body strength training accomplished through just pushups(mostly knuckle, or fingertip). And it works. Far too often I've seen those typical high school/college athletes come to the dojo on the Saturdays or during their school breaks, all cocky and ripped from head to toe from their weight training, but then cant keep up with even our juniors during strength training :snoop: which, consequently, involves a lot of pushups.
Pushups cannot be completely discounted, and should be taken into consideration with what goals you are trying to accomplish when trying to choose between doing them or using weights.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Im talking about you thin/athletic nikkaz

Im 6'2, Goodlooking, big dikkk, and athletic type build.

Wtf should i lift weights for ?

I used to lift till i got in very good shape nothing changed and bytches did not care. the whole lifting weights gets girls is false.

Looking good with a good fashion sense >>>> Being a buff dude.

Lifting weights is for insecure men. Just stay away from Flabbysic status

Girls like dudes with muscles

it keeps me from getting complacent so I can do my cardio workout when I have time...instead of body building I've turned to just keeping my body active by doing situps, pushups, pullups, etc....

i dont have time to be in the gym like that anymore....

my free time is usually done with running as my workout..then doing the pushups and other home workouts in my lil gym at my crib.

for your size, I think it can help, i'd suggest if you are trying to gain weight, change your diet, and try eating alot more....if you arent trying to do the lifting routine

Ya you're right...I don't lift weights but last summer I was ripped more than anyone I know,.this summer a lil ripped..

See the thing with lifting weights is that you don't get cut or ripped..they just build mass..a person only lifting weights is not physically stronger than me, cuz they can't lift their own their own body weight..my boy beat me on some kind of pull up machine where you sit down,.i don't know what it's called..but he beat me..than I hit like 12 pull ups off the top of the punching bag frame and he couldn't do one..

Plus if you do workouts without weights they build your stabilizer muscles..meaning better balance.,so I'm more balanced when I walk or run..

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
it keeps me from getting complacent so I can do my cardio workout when I have time...instead of body building I've turned to just keeping my body active by doing situps, pushups, pullups, etc....

i dont have time to be in the gym like that anymore....

my free time is usually done with running as my workout..then doing the pushups and other home workouts in my lil gym at my crib.

for your size, I think it can help, i'd suggest if you are trying to gain weight, change your diet, and try eating alot more....if you arent trying to do the lifting routine

:salute:

Invest in a pull-up bar too...you can really get your body right with that. There are some good workouts you can do with one.

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
goin to the gym sucks ass at first when you're not used to it, then you get into it and you look forward to it

sometimes u dont wana go but u make urself go.. i was in cancun last month and im glad i stick to my routine, there were a lot of :flabbynsick: ppl walkin around lookin like 200 pounds of bird shyt
:laff: :dead:

Im the same body type. Im lifting to gain more muscle mass and to stay in shape overall.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
cool story bro....

I don't get what you're trying to say.

Being active is an important part of life. Lifting is merely one way of doing sohh.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
This weightlifting craze is crazy. :wow: everyone walking round like they are a tough guy because they put on a couple of pounds.

Boxing>>>weightlifting. This is fact.

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
cool story bro....

I don't get what you're trying to say.

Being active is an important part of life. Lifting is merely one way of doing sohh.
:thisnikka:
Was about to dap til you edited