How many of y'all moved on from hip hop and into electronic music?

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Every genre but hip hop at this point in time; jazz, blues, and 50s rnb are pretty great

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
One more time by Draft Punk is the GOAT CAC song. Fitting it came out in summer 2001, like the ending song of the GOAT decade (2000 and pre 9/11 2001 was 90-ish) love that song so much.

I didn't hear it until many years later :mjcry:

“One More Time” is such a classic, and takes me back to such a dope time in my life. A dope era in life/society in general, tbh.

You might also love this Daft Punk banger. An instant classic in its own right.
:ohlawd:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
“One More Time” is such a classic, and takes me back to such a dope time in my life. A dope era in life/society in general, tbh.

You might also love this Daft Punk banger. An instant classic in its own right.
:ohlawd:

I have Around the world on one of my spotify playlist:wow:

Such a catchy song :wow:

Daps
I’ve invested so much in my boom bap underground hip hop in vinyl, magazines, tapes and CD, I will never leave it. I started listening to electronic music when my auntie gave me the St-Germain Tourist album. The tracks on there got me hook to Deep house artists like Kaskade, Nude records, Osunlade, etc. DJ Spinna was a DJ that helped me transition, he moves seamlessly between house, soul and hip hop. His seminal compilations for boutique records, shops are incredible. I discovered Jazzanova, 4Hero, Rae & Christian, AtJazz, Domu, Marc The Clive Lowe, Quantic, Mr Scruff. Ursula Rucker etc. Gilles Peterson for his eclectic selections. I’ve been diggin deep in the trip hop sound of the 90s lately, DJ CAM, DJ Krush, MoWax, Ninja Tune. The genre is very good to listen to when you are reading. I have put a pause on all things rap for the next year to explore the electronic scene. Also, my wife can’t stand rap cursing in the car.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Throughout the glorious 90s, I'd say hip-hop comprised a good 70% of my playlist.
With the remaining 30% split across RnB, House and Dancehall.

Now in 2023 its flipped to hip-hop seeing maybe 5% and the aforementioned genres at 95%. I can make time for Nas though.
I almost don't believe it seeing how heavy I was into it.

Hearing Hip-hop now is like running into an ex you once loved to obsessive levels years ago, seeing them now and feeling zero.