How many of y’all know how to get results in the gym without a personal trainer?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I do 10 sets of ten reg push ups but 30 seconds each til I get to 100

I don’t do it every day tho

I would be cut if I did

It’s takes 10 min but my ass wants to get on the ps5 :snoop:

I need to do better

I work out just enough not to be fat

I’m tall so I wear my weight well kind of like a dad body

I want to be god like tho

If you can do 10 x 10 with 30 seconds you can do it with 10 seconds. :salute: Just takes a lil time

But you’d be better off with the 10 seconds rest. Even if you can only do less reps say 60-70 to start.

There are 3 ways to see results in weight training but everyone typically focuses on the first 2: Increase weight, or Increase reps. The forgotten 3rd way is decreasing time between reps. That’s why that 10 second routine is such a game changer

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WWE Superstar Finn Balor said that he's trained his mind to see a literal "bowl of shyt" when he looks at a bowl of cereal. He avoids most carbs, and that's why he has those great abs.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Usually if you hit the normal lifts consistently you should start to see gains. Once you hit the wall then you can start looking at specifics for your routine as you will know what works and what doesn’t.

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
You use their suggestions? I save and load up my own workouts
Yup I just like to go in the gym and lift without thinking too much and I enjoy the variation. I’ll get bored quick if I’m doing the same thing for an extended period

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Also a factor is are you cutting or bulking

If you’re trying to cut you don’t even need weights ans much. I can tell you an excercise that you can do RIGHT NOW that you will notice a difference in 10 minutes.

Do diamond pushups to 100. The catch is no more then 10 seconds rest til you get to 100. You’ll knock out say 30, 35 wherever you can do straight. Then 15….then 10…..then 6…etc. Just make sure you don’t rest more than 10 seconds. By the time you get to 100 your shyt will be burning. And you’ll be cut up. Now imagine you do that every other day.
Diamonds are a lil more advanced for a regular person. Id probably start with a standard push up first . Pushups got so many different variations, I learned the hard way in boot camp lol

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
the basics:

1. learn the correct form of the exercise.
2. learn how to emphasize the eccentric portion of the life/full range of motion.
3. learn what training to muscle failure feels like. implement in your sets.
4. implement progressive overload.
5. volume: 10+ working sets per muscle every week.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
You don't need a trainer at all. Didn't use when as a college kid and was huge after 10 months of lifting.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
I've been working out consistently for about 20 years now......I just do whatever man :russ:

As long as your body is moving....your body WILL react.....that's literally how it was CREATED/DESIGNED.....along with watching what you eat.

Get out and walk/jog/sprint.

Get down on the floor and do some pushups and situps or leg lifts.

Curl some water jugs... anything.

I'm not gonna say having personal trainers are overrated but it's a simple concept......put stress on your body and maintain a decent diet and your body will react.

Dudes in prison are coming out looking like fitness trainers.

It's mostly about motivation tho.
They're definitely overcomplicating it. People didn't have personal trainers back in the day. But they were definitely more active and ate better food in lower quantities than people do today.