How many of y’all know how to get results in the gym without a personal trainer?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Also a factor is are you cutting or bulking

If you’re trying to cut you don’t even need weights ans much. I can tell you an excercise that you can do RIGHT NOW that you will notice a difference in 10 minutes.

Do diamond pushups to 100. The catch is no more then 10 seconds rest til you get to 100. You’ll knock out say 30, 35 wherever you can do straight. Then 15….then 10…..then 6…etc. Just make sure you don’t rest more than 10 seconds. By the time you get to 100 your shyt will be burning. And you’ll be cut up. Now imagine you do that every other day.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Fitbod>>>
I use this app but it suck’s as far as workout suggestions imo. A beginner would be good but serious lifters definitely would benefit from their own plan

I just like how it tracks my progress and rest times etc

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea
As with many things IG and YouTube has rendered the personal trainer obsolete. The more you click on workout pages the more your algorithm will change and you’ll see all sorts of shyt

But the thing you gotta remember is the core exercises don’t change

Bench
Deadlift
Squats
Overhead press
(Less so) Curls

A lot of times personal trainers (and IG and Youtube) has created variations that attack those same body parts, but that’s for folk who have plateaud. If you’re a beginner you don’t gotta worry about plateau yet just stick to the basics

I’d also add in push ups and dips before you even start doing weight training. For like a mont

if not more do push up variations (especially military diamond push ups) and hella dips and your body will transform and you’ll be ready to attack weights. Bc those body weight excercise will be powerful before your body plateaues.

Yea I’ve been recently trying 5 sets of 15 with all the compound excercises with lighter weights. I usually increase the weight each set until I can’t do exactly 15 reps on the last 2 or three sets.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I worked with a trainer and friends that were gym bros for years before I broke off and did my own thing.

I started going to the gym for the wrong reasons initially, but now I love that shyt and it's almost like I need it. If I go a few days without the gym I legit get into a bad/grumpy moods.

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
I use this app but it suck’s as far as workout suggestions imo. A beginner would be good but serious lifters definitely would benefit from their own plan

I just like how it tracks my progress and rest times etc
I agree it’s great for beginners but I’ve been working out consistently for 3 years and have been seeing great progress still.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I been working out mad years
when i first started it was daunting at first, definitely more trial and error than anything
A gym OG taught me a lot of stuff about routines, how much reps, how much sets, splits, nutrition, supplements etc.
The next couple of gyms I met different buddies I worked out with
but today a lot of information is right there on YouTube

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I agree it’s great for beginners but I’ve been working out consistently for 3 years and have been seeing great progress still.
You use their suggestions? I save and load up my own workouts

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Also a factor is are you cutting or bulking

If you’re trying to cut you don’t even need weights ans much. I can tell you an excercise that you can do RIGHT NOW that you will notice a difference in 10 minutes.

Do diamond pushups to 100. The catch is no more then 10 seconds rest til you get to 100. You’ll knock out say 30, 35 wherever you can do straight. Then 15….then 10…..then 6…etc. Just make sure you don’t rest more than 10 seconds. By the time you get to 100 your shyt will be burning. And you’ll be cut up. Now imagine you do that every other day.

I do 10 sets of ten reg push ups but 30 seconds each til I get to 100

I don’t do it every day tho

I would be cut if I did

It’s takes 10 min but my ass wants to get on the ps5 :snoop:

I need to do better

I work out just enough not to be fat

I’m tall so I wear my weight well kind of like a dad body

I want to be god like tho

Daps
i make gains weightlifting pretty easily, i can just look at a kettlebell and gain.
i'm guessing it's my body type (athletic curvy) rather than any technique

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Never had one....I learned from family :manny:

once I got the science I just started doing my own thing.

now I'm teaching mines :wow: