How many of y’all know how to get results in the gym without a personal trainer?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I found out but it took years. One of the worst things that can take place if you want to get results is to see the newbie gains where you can eat and do whatever and it sets your expectation for the rest of your lifts.

Real talk, I've been in and out of the gym since 2013 and the best gains I have made are in the past 6 months. I actually structured a plan that was meant for a cut but delayed the diet for 2 weeks so I could get used to a 5-day program of core lifts (Dead, bench, bent over row, barbell squat, overhead press). After a couple of weeks eating 3k cals, I actually liked what was happening. Muscle memory had me looking like the old days. I wouldn't have an "old days" if I didn't lift for years. A person can learn but they need to respect progressive overload, sleep, protein, and routine. It takes time to see what those factors will do to one's physique.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I haven't been IN a gym in years :skip: I'd definitely be erratic. Managed to get serious results on my own tho :smugdraper: I got a an ab app tho if that counts as a "trainer"

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
There's countless apps and YouTube channels to get you where you wanna be.

I feel like having a trainer is akin to an alarm clock for the gym... Just a reason to get people to go.

If you can motivate yourself, you're Gucci.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Well you'll naturally get gains and improvement by just being in the gym, lifting and doing a work out, as long as you break a sweat you'll make improvements. But there's definitely a wall you'll hit where you have to know what you're doing to break that wall.

I think most people are happy where they land when they hit that wall and are fine with maintaining that level.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been working out consistently for about 20 years now......I just do whatever man :russ:

As long as your body is moving....your body WILL react.....that's literally how it was CREATED/DESIGNED.....along with watching what you eat.

Get out and walk/jog/sprint.

Get down on the floor and do some pushups and situps or leg lifts.

Curl some water jugs... anything.

I'm not gonna say having personal trainers are overrated but it's a simple concept......put stress on your body and maintain a decent diet and your body will react.

Dudes in prison are coming out looking like fitness trainers.

It's mostly about motivation tho.

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Kettlebells, dumbbells, bike riding, squats. I haven't set foot in a gym yet. I intend to. I'm not sure if I need to. I like definition, being ripped but don't want to get big.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
There's countless apps and YouTube channels to get you where you wanna be.

I feel like having a trainer is akin to an alarm clock for the gym... Just a reason to get people to go.

If you can motivate yourself, you're Gucci.

This, been working out by myself for over 30yrs. Eat right and be consistent with the workouts. Years back I joined this one gym, they gave a you a free trainer for like 2 weeks, I seen what he was doing and incorporated that into my workout. They was tryna sell me at $400/month, hell no.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Realizing diet is 80% of it, makes it an easier task. Consistent 4-6 days in the gym. For every pullup you need to be doing overhead press. For every bench press you need to be doing rows. Avoid muscle imbalances. Takes time but can be done. I will say, a trainer may cut your time in half simply by giving you structure and information from the beginning.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
As with many things IG and YouTube has rendered the personal trainer obsolete. The more you click on workout pages the more your algorithm will change and you’ll see all sorts of shyt

But the thing you gotta remember is the core exercises don’t change

Bench
Deadlift
Squats
Overhead press
(Less so) Curls

A lot of times personal trainers (and IG and Youtube) has created variations that attack those same body parts, but that’s for folk who have plateaud. If you’re a beginner you don’t gotta worry about plateau yet just stick to the basics

I’d also add in push ups and dips before you even start doing weight training. For like a month if not more do push up variations (especially military diamond push ups) and hella dips and your body will transform and you’ll be ready to attack weights. Bc those body weight excercise will be powerful before your body plateaues.