How many of yall degenerates would put y'all parents in a care home?

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Those Parental Care Homes are pretty much the waiting room for :demonic: or :blessed:
I couldn't do that to my folks :sadcam:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Fortunate enough to have seen none of my grandparents go through that (the one I knew most, my mother's mother, was still living alone at her place when she passed away at like 91 or 92 years old)...Moms passed away, and I know my Pops who's still in very good condition will want to end his life in Central African Republic, where he has family around him...problem is, we his children are all in Europe, and with no plans of moving "back" anytime soon...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a physiotherapists who has worked in many Long Term Care Facilities, I can tell you that sometimes the best thing is to put your parents in a Nursing Home...

If you are working 9-5, your wife is working 9-5, and you have a couple of kids going to school, and friends and this and that, you will NOT have the time to take care of elderly parents with mental and physical disabilities...

The one day that you forget, or you are just overwhelmed with other things in your life, to check on your parent, will be the day that they fall in the basement and break hip and stay lying on the floor for 5 hours before somebody discovers them...

When I am treating the elderly with broken bones, that's the most consistent story I get from them...They were home alone, tripped and fell, broke some bones, and they either had to crawl to get to the phone or they were lying on the floor for 4-5 hours, sometimes more, before they were discovered...

From my experience I can tell you this, if you want to take care of your elderly parents with mental and physical disabilities, then you or somebody in your family will have to give up his/her life...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
have you been to nursing homes? its fille with white people, who only get visits from their kids on like holidays.

secondly nursing homes are expensive as hell, like sometimes 3-5 k a month.

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
If my mom keeps pissing us off she won't have nowhere else to go. My dad already lives in a senior apartment complex. He's the youngest guy there. He prolly fukking everybody. My gramma lives alone/with my youngest sister. My paternal Ganny lives alone.

ThisIsLife

Energy ⚡
Daps
Reppin
Near Philly
My mom has 3 kids, she will always have one of us to watch after her. Me personally, I couldnt take in my dad, but I know one of my other siblings will.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it would depend on me and my mother's financial circumstance. I would hope my mom prepares for old age such as getting long term care insurance and I would hope to be able to take care of my mother financially if that time came but I may not be there. So perhaps a home may be more beneficial without bankrupting us. Not every home is bad you just have to do a good amount of research.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously...no disrespect to anyone here...but I was explaining this to one of my co-workers one day. I am an engineer and I do networks for MDU's (multi dwelling units). So along with Apartment complexes, Frat/Soro Houses, rehab facilities, etc...some of our biggest clients are Retirement facilities. I was explaining to dude that it is a cultural thing. Its not something we as blacks do.

Let me give another angle though. The places I deal with....they are EXPENSIVE. These are top rate apartments and houses. They have their own Hospital and Heath Care onsite. It will really show you the cultural difference. I have 2 main ones I deal with...and I have not seen a black resident YET...in over 5 years. Mainly because these facilities are pricey. One of them...if you buy into the condos, when you end up needing home care...its like $3-5k per month. If you DONT buy in and you need to be moved to those units...its between $8-10k per month. I know because one of the children had to move his dad from the regular unit to the one with the home health aids.

Follow me if you can...but these white people that live there...they are rather detached from their children. Not detached in an estranged way...but its a cultural thing. Its like they work, make their money and retire and then dont want to be a burden to their children. These people are alone. I am not talking about people who are immobile or have mental issues either. I am talking about 80-90 year olds that still get around just fine, they drive, do their own shopping, etc....

They show you pics and talk about their children as if they have ascended into the heavens or something. They usually are distances away...cross country or in another country. Its like when a child grows into a man or woman and the parent gets old, the child then becomes the parent. The children dont want to be bothered...and the parents dont want to be a burden. Its a weird thing when you see it up close and you come from a different background.

Now what I am speaking of is consistent with rich or well to do whites. Poor whites I am not so sure.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but CACS gonna be CACS :manny:

Mommy wiped they ass and took care of them when they was little but white boy gonna throw the bytch in the bushes soon as mommy start shytting her fukkin pants :pachaha:

I mean seriously....this is true. :snoop:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My aunt was in one of them shyts and another resident almost beat her to death with a cane.

I know the first thing that will come out of some people's mouths is the costs. The most important thing is the love and energy of being in a home with your children. there is no love in those places. you are pretty much lonely...even though you are not alone per say. Not knocking anyone here for their choices...but puttin my pops in a home....has to be the very last absolute option if I can help it.

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
gotta do your research first but yes if it came to that. my grandmother now moved up to stay with my family, but everyone still had to go to work. strange town, empty house, the results weren't pretty. a nursing home (if done properly) can be a great community. we also know she's getting her med (and now doesn't even take a third of what she use to need). regular activities, hair salon, and of course consistent visits. don't knock it until you investigate every option

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My great grandmother had to be put in a home once her Alzheimer's started getting bad. It's a time commitment thing and a lot of people don't have the time to take care of their parents 24/7 around the clock. They are just like kids to the point where you really don't want to leave them unattended.

It's different when the elderly person is still in their 60s or 70's. They can still drive and do things on their own like a normal adult. Past that, well...

Everyone is different though, I have an grand uncle that turned is 79 recently and dude has more energy than me. :damn:

Dude wakes up at 11, hops in the golf cart, schools all the 30-40 year olds to the point where they ask for lessons, then goes home and cooks dinner. Like clockwork. I really don't think he's going anywhere for the next 20 years knock on wood. His sister on the other hand turned into a bit of recluse and fell off hard after 80. :sad: