I call everything I stay with the whistle around my neck

:lolbron::lolbron:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
There was one this time we were playing fullcourt and i pick this dudes pocket for a brake away basket and I swear I took off from the foul line on some DR. J shyt cradling the ball and everything, then reality set in and I had to finger roll that in

but yeah, sometimes i try to sacrifice my body to take a charge and or if my boy can't guard one dude, I'll make the defensive adjustment and switch players with him.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
I gotta be that annoying nikka callin' out, "Kobe!" every time I hit a j in someone's face.

I'll always guard nikkas hella hard, make them so annoyed they don't even try to get the ball anymore. The Bruce Bowen of pickup ball, shyt.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Depends on the mood/tempo of the game, if it's nothing too serious then I just kinda play toned down but if dudes are actively trying to embarrass myself or others then you step the D up and start calling screens, playing zone D etc

I will always have a good jumpshot so I'm good in any game :smugdraper:

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There was one this time we were playing fullcourt and i pick this dudes pocket for a brake away basket and I swear I took off from the foul line on some DR. J shyt cradling the ball and everything, then reality set in and I had to finger roll that in

but yeah, sometimes i try to sacrifice my body to take a charge and or if my boy can't guard one dude, I'll make the defensive adjustment and switch players with him.

:beli::deadrose:

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I only know one way to play sports and thats 100% effort i know that can rub people the wrong way but i've never personally had and issue. If people are taking it easy and not playing to hard i'll talk shyt till they raise there intensity level.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
How are you playing pickup ball if you're not doing this?

I hate that crap. If a guy can play legit defense wouldn't have to foul to stop their man from scoring. I get the ball and I go into the lane and get the basket and I get fouled, they say the foul was on the ground, no basket. Wrapping someone up every time they shoot, that's not basketball.

Even worse is when I'm on the sidelines with my team ready to get up, and the 2 teams on the court have been on game point for 10 minutes cause of fouls and every other call (you know on game point is when they call everything from double dribble to carry, etc.)

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I hate that crap. If a guy can play legit defense wouldn't have to foul to stop their man from scoring. I get the ball and I go into the lane and get the basket and I get fouled, they say the foul was on the ground, no basket. Wrapping someone up every time they shoot, that's not basketball.

Even worse is when I'm on the sidelines with my team ready to get up, and the 2 teams on the court have been on game point for 10 minutes cause of fouls and every other call (you know on game point is when they call everything from double dribble to carry, etc.)

Doing it that way is stupid but everytime I'm guarding a perimeter guy and they set a series of moving picks on me to get him open, I hard foul him instead of letting him have an open shot.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
Back on my first post about not going hard on kids and females, there have been a few times I should have went hard.

2 summers ago I was ballin at the university with some guys and decided to run a full court game. By that time 2 females from the girls basketball team walk in wanting to get up. One was a 6th man on the team (2 guard) and the other a back up SF. They both picked up on the other team. We start the game and the girls are doing their thing, scoring, rebounding, etc. For my team I was like :childplease: busting j's and 3's like it was nothing. We had a nice lil crowd watching so I it was all good. Well the female 2 guard got tired of me scoring so she switched up and started guarding me. Next 2 plays I drop 2 3-pointers on her. So that make her mad and she start playin me extra aggressive, denying me the ball, swarming me on defense, hand checking, etc. and talkin smack under her breath. Plus she was pushin off on offense. I went up for a layup and her and another dude foul me and came down and twisted my ankle. I still played but was worth me to my team after that. We ended up losing but there was no hard feelings. I'm cool with ol girl now.