How many more yrs do you think it'll take until video game gfx are indistinguishable from real life?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Like actual HD content, it really comes down to the source. There isn't a ton of naive 1080p content outside of games. For instance, the dark knight bluray was a big deal because it had scenes shot in HD, mission impossible did it afterwards. The total number of movies to truly take advantage is pathetic. The rest of the movies are basically just upscaled DVD's.

4k today is giving you mostly upscaled bluray's with gaming and only a handful of movies/tv taking advantage of what it really can do. Cable companies max out at 720p and claim we won't have 1080p be the standard until 2030 :whoo: so don't expect 4k to take off outside of gaming for a few years. Like you said, you got a tv 3yrs ago and you're content. I feel the same way, I'll get it eventually but I'm but pressed to get it today just to play halo gears in 4k
Oh okay. Yeah fukk that then.

My brother has it and some shyt in Netflix looked better and the color popped but I'm a frugal/minimalist type of nikka so I like to save and not spend :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Like actual HD content, it really comes down to the source. There isn't a ton of naive 1080p content outside of games. For instance, the dark knight bluray was a big deal because it had scenes shot in HD, mission impossible did it afterwards. The total number of movies to truly take advantage is pathetic. The rest of the movies are basically just upscaled DVD's.

4k today is giving you mostly upscaled bluray's with gaming and only a handful of movies/tv taking advantage of what it really can do. Cable companies max out at 720p and claim we won't have 1080p be the standard until 2030 :whoo: so don't expect 4k to take off outside of gaming for a few years. Like you said, you got a tv 3yrs ago and you're content. I feel the same way, I'll get it eventually but I'm but pressed to get it today just to play halo gears in 4k
breh please explain what you're talking about?

netflix has a large lineup of 4k, along with cable having 4k channels and 1080p channels...

are you trying to say that all that content is just 720 shyt, and they upscale it? motherfukkers out here shooting with 10k RED cameras and we watching this bullshyt ass upscaled shyt

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
breh please explain what you're talking about?

netflix has a large lineup of 4k, along with cable having 4k channels and 1080p channels...

are you trying to say that all that content is just 720 shyt, and they upscale it? motherfukkers out here shooting with 10k RED cameras and we watching this bullshyt ass upscaled shyt
First you gotta take this red pill and unplug. You know all this is marketing schemes mostly. Now you let them finess the wording in such a way that they got you saying there is a WIDE selection on Netflix and a bunch of 4k and 1080p channels. That's a stretch at best, So let's discuss why that is. We broadcast at 720p max. Now all cable isn't bradcast either :ufdup: so basically in a streaming capacity, if you get the newest cable boxes (which they surely will charge $10 extra per month for) they will be capable of sending that signal. Think Xbox One S.

Now I thought maybe something changed but nope. If all this content was really available then it wouldn't be hidden. Show me the money!!!
4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) on XFINITY TV
All that link will showcase is how they give you Netflix in 4k which brings us back to where we started :francis: but hey, that documentary on coral reefs will look AMAZING!!! Finally they already plotting on 8ktv's. The 4k standard might end up being HD-DVD'd by the next console generation. Let the ps5 support 8k...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
“Real life” graphics exist already. You just gotta have a super high end card (or 2) and an 8K monitor
there's still levels to this shyt. whatever your high end card can do in real time, it could do something even better given the time for true ray tracing

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Was playing the new uncharter expansion on the ps4 pro in hdr.... Some scenes the characters look like real people.

I'd say in about 5 years they will be able to replicate a human face and body 100% in in-game cut scenes.

But we are many years away from having actual game play that looks 100% life like. Imagine NBA 2k where all the players look real during actual game play... That's a bit further out.