How long will it take for casuals to realize the OKC Thunder are an elite team?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why are the clippers so damn mediocre :russ:

I wouldn't say mediocre, they are a good team. It's just that folks keep trying to pump them up to be contenders every year and they keep proving that they just ain't that.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
why is the clippers always included in these elite team discussions? evey year they show that they are 1st or 2nd round status

Because they have star power and it's LA. The Grizzlies have been just as good as the Clippers for the past several years and have even gotten farther in the playoffs yet we're always an afterthought.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
why is the clippers always included in these elite team discussions? evey year they show that they are 1st or 2nd round status

Well this year there really aren't many teams you can easily put in the upper half. There are like 15 #7 seeds out there with just a couple really good teams and a few bad ones.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
They're not elite but I do think they will be better than most people thought because Russ isn't human

I think he can legitimately keep playing at this pace with no problem, only thing in his way is injury

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I wouldn't say mediocre, they are a good team. It's just that folks keep trying to pump them up to be contenders every year and they keep proving that they just ain't that.
They are contenders every year. 2015 was a dumb fluke and last year was random freak injuries, otherwise they make the WCF at least both seasons.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I dont know if we can choose an elite team this early in the season.....the major teams have not even played one another yet outside of the Spurs-GSW which was a hammering

But I need to see more of that matchup to determine if that game was an abberation...

The Cavs have looked pretty good outside of that one quarter against Orlando....Warriors are looking okay...not elite yet but getting better..their defense is still asscheeks

Chicago has looked good thus far...I am tempering my view on them cause I wanna see those three point numbers after 35 games

I am lukewarm on Boston for now

Still early times

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are contenders every year. 2015 was a dumb fluke and last year was random freak injuries, otherwise they make the WCF at least both seasons.

No 2015 was a dumb choke job. They are "believe it when I see it" status at this point. They have done nothing to warrant benefit of the doubt going into the season.

swyyyguy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I said before the season started that they would be an elite team. Casuals on here said I'm crazy and some of you even wait they would miss the playoffs.

Thunder are either the 2nd or third best team in the west PERIOD.

You got
San Antonio, clippers, and Thunder as the three best teams in the west clearly.

Thunders and clippers are a toss for 2 and 3, with San Antonio basically being BY FAR the best team in the west.

Thunder are looking GREAT so far Just beat the clippers to get to 4-0. They will destroy Golden state tonight.
So you're sleeping on 2017 MVP James Harden (31.8 PPG 12.4 APG 7.0 RPG 36.13 PER) and the Rockets?

:usure:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
They're missing piece but they look better than I expected...what's this I hear about Blake going to OKC? I think they would improve but not by that much, I'd rather them get somebody like Reddikk because they need some outside shooting especially with two good slashers on the floor that don't really have that kinda range.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
No 2015 was a dumb choke job. They are "believe it when I see it" status at this point. They have done nothing to warrant benefit of the doubt going into the season.
Non-shooting nobodies magically catching fire from 3 for no reason then immediately going back to their stupid non-shooting nobody status is as flukie as it gets. Losing their two best players for the playoffs minutes apart from each other is also really stupid and flukie. They've had terrible luck but when healthy they can compete with anyone in the league.