How is Nicholas Cage still getting roles?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know that Nicholas Cage went bankrupt but don't understand why the Hollywood kept giving him chance, $$$ when you know the movie gonna be garbage?. I think his last good movie was Kick A$$, he wasn't that bad. I actually hate him Nicholas Cage, he's not that great actor.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I fukks with those plus Matchstick Men, Lord of War and Adaptation

The rest of his career is shrubbery

He nearly ruined Con Air for me

:lawd:

he really isnt a bad actor tho, he just takes on GAWD awful movies.:whoo:

12 movies in the last 3 years too :wow:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
my guess is that he's still considered a movie star by the public.

his name isn't synonymous with quality anymore but you still get that name recognition and the "you see the trailer for the new nicolas cage movie?"

movies like stolen, drive angry, seeking justice, bangkok dangerous are just lesser forms of the movies that made him popular like con air, face/off, the rock.. popcorn action flicks where he's an unwilling hero.

so you're trying to get a shytty movie made, you know it's not gonna be successful on the strength of the story alone, and you look for a guy who can provide a lil star power. you know you can't get an a list actor, so you get the former a lister who you KNOW will take the part and has had success pulling off the formula.

plus his connections.

On Site

Pro
Daps
Gotta respect a man who's willing to trade in his credibility and self respect for a few easy paychecks :win:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Watch that one he did last year by Joel Shumacher, 'Trespass', that was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Cage was damn near 'Wicker Man' status in that....

wicker man made me wanna shoot myself & everyone in the vicinity, stop lettin this n!gga be ghost rider....

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
matchstick men, adaptation. Nick Cage has a ton of talent, he just doesn't give a fukk about picking good roles. He about that chedda

This.

I always feel like a lot of bad actors are bad cause the material is wack more than their natural performance ability. Hollywood will make people do some dumb shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

wicker man made me wanna shoot myself & everyone in the vicinity, stop lettin this n!gga be ghost rider....

Wicker Man is a terrible movie but it is so gloriously terrible that I enjoy watching it just for the laughs it gives me.
It is in my top 5 of favorite bad movies.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Y'all heard of Tim Burton's Superman movie that never materialized.
Cage was signed to play Superman on a pay or play contract meaning he gets paid even if the movie doesn't come to fruition.
He got paid... 20 mil:dead:
same thing happened to Marlon Wayans, he was supposed to play The Riddler in Batman Returns but it obviously never happened. he probably didn't get 20 mil but he got paid regardless.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
same thing happened to Marlon Wayans, he was supposed to play The Riddler in Batman Returns but it obviously never happened. he probably didn't get 20 mil but he got paid regardless.

I thought they were talking about having Marlon Wayans play Robin in that movie?

MJX

Rookie
Daps
I work at a major distributor... He keeps getting roles because he's basically straight cash on the DVD and rental market.

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
dude is actually not a terrible actor he just takes every shytty ass script that is handed to him