How is Nicholas Cage still getting roles?

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
While he has clearly benefited greatly from nepotism...I do still think that he is talented. He won his oscar real early in his career, and that, combined with all the tax money problems he has had (Dude bought islands and shyt that he couldn't pay for), also combined with the fact that he just seems to be a very strange and eccentric man, has resulted in him making some very strange career choices.

He still has a number of films under his belt that I fukk with.

Y'all heard of Tim Burton's Superman movie that never materialized.
Cage was signed to play Superman on a pay or play contract meaning he gets paid even if the movie doesn't come to fruition.
He got paid... 20 mil:dead:

Denzel reportedly ended up making like 40 Million on American Gangster for the same reason.

He signed on to film it (And cleared his schedule to do so), but they ended up cancelling the project (He still got his 20 million because of play or pay). Then when they finally got the project off the ground, they hired him again for 20 million.

It sounds real stupid, and in a lot of ways it is, but it also makes sense when you consider that these guys can't be in two places at once. When they sign on for a film, they are usually dropping out of other films. If the studio fukks up and doesn't make the movie, it's not the actors fault, and they are hurt the most because they now aren't getting paid to make the movie they signed up for NOR the other movies that they would have signed up for....unless they had one of those play or pay contracts.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
nic_cage_attack_1.gif

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
This is only an opinion but some of his movies are great and others are total bombs.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I understand why he started doing so many movies after he got into that tax trouble but dude really should have done some quality control on the stuff he agreed to be in.
He has entered Cuba Gooding status in terms of the horrible movies he makes nowadays.

YBE

Banned
Daps
While he has clearly benefited greatly from nepotism...I do still think that he is talented. He won his oscar real early in his career, and that, combined with all the tax money problems he has had (Dude bought islands and shyt that he couldn't pay for), also combined with the fact that he just seems to be a very strange and eccentric man, has resulted in him making some very strange career choices.

He still has a number of films under his belt that I fukk with.

Denzel reportedly ended up making like 40 Million on American Gangster for the same reason.

He signed on to film it (And cleared his schedule to do so), but they ended up cancelling the project (He still got his 20 million because of play or pay). Then when they finally got the project off the ground, they hired him again for 20 million.

It sounds real stupid, and in a lot of ways it is, but it also makes sense when you consider that these guys can't be in two places at once. When they sign on for a film, they are usually dropping out of other films. If the studio fukks up and doesn't make the movie, it's not the actors fault, and they are hurt the most because they now aren't getting paid to make the movie they signed up for NOR the other movies that they would have signed up for....unless they had one of those play or pay contracts.

:whew:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I fukks with Leaving Las Vegas and Breakdown...
I fukks with those plus Matchstick Men, Lord of War and Adaptation

The rest of his career is shrubbery

He nearly ruined Con Air for me

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Watch that one he did last year by Joel Shumacher, 'Trespass', that was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Cage was damn near 'Wicker Man' status in that....

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he was perfect for the rock, beyond that his geekyness doesnt work in action films