How is Friday Night Lights considered a great TV show?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm on season 4 and trying my hardest to binge watch this. Sure, you got a likable character like Smash but this isn't enough. It's like they're intentional trying to tug at your emotions. I never watched "This is Us" but imagined that how this show is. Unless, season 5 is some one of the greatest seasons I've ever seen, I'm just lost on this. It's borderline cheesy. And I really don't get the change in Tim Riggins chick. Like their was no explaination of why she was "Breaking Bad" after she changed. So fans of this show, please give me your thoughts. I really don't get it. Ive seen plenty of great shows but I don't see how this is even in the conversation.
How is this neg considered a neg?

Negged :ufdup:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's earnest and isn't over the top like most teen dramas(season 2 isn't canon) has a deep ensemble, does a good job of using it's setting(Dillon, Tx) and is incredibly shot. Plus I'd go to war for Coach Taylor
Maaaaaan

Coach could hype me up & make me believe I could KO Tyson :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
The switch to the black school across town is one of the biggest curves in TV history. And the show got better after that...

Oh yeah, spoiler alert

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I finally gave this a spin a couple years back and watched it with the :dahell: most of the time.
I thought it was corny and full of alabaster problems i didn't think the Coli could relate to :skip:
I was shocked this was the show y'all really ride for on here :yeshrug:
I'm sure everyone, black or white knows a tim riggins...good dude for the most part, has talent and could suceed if he put in the work but is cool with just having a job, making some money and :manny:

I played football...there is always one dude who is like Smash on the team..

Matt taking care of his grandma with no complaints:wow:

Billy not knowing how to raise a kid but he stepped up and tried to do right by tim.

shyt was just well written..

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
i was skeptical but it is a really good show...kyle chandler gave a goat performance...didnt look like he was acting...