How important is backward compatible to you?

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I seen a lot of Xbox owners brag about this feature, yall really be buying next-gen consoles to play last-gen's games? I usually dont look back when it comes to new consoles, i dont think i've played on my ps3 since the ps4 came out, and ps2/ps1 doesnt cross my mind.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
It's useful in case you want to keep a library of your favorite games across gens. You never know when you might want to play something on a whim. Of course its going to be used for current gen shyt 95% of the time but if it's easy to do, why not have the feature?

Also I can trade in the Spiderman PS4 Pro I spent hundreds of dollars on just last year and get some trade in value when PS5 drops, plus keep my PS4 library in tact.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Xbox's is so useful cause it actually enhances the game....Most of Nintendo's older consoles and the PS2 basically played the OG game straight up out the box, and usually had a built in ps1 or gamecube inside the console which is how they managed their bc.

This on the other hand actually enhances the original experience and that's 10 times better. To jump in Ninja gaiden 2 from 540p, screen tearing and an infamous slow down in the climax of the game to 1800p, anti-aliasing and v-sync, as well as a locked 60fps is huge for a game that has no PC release.

Gives you a chance to play classics the way they were meant to be played without the xbox 360's hardware holding it back.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I actually still have my older systems and the games I want to play on them so it's not important at all to me

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
It's very important because I'm the type of dude that saves games that I really enjoyed, similar to how I do books and movies. Sony had the right idea going forward with the Fat Ps3 but then they got greedy and looked to Axe that in favour of their woefully depressing digital selection, which they started pushing to get folk to rebuy games they already owned on previous consoles and they didn't even utilize that properly, with their shyt selection offering. I mean, who the fukk is rebuying Lilo and Stitch much less looking to cop for 20 dollars at any time ever?:hhh:

While the list has been improved, albeit slightly, Xbox been making strong strides in that area and I appreciate 'em for it since alot of classic 360 games are being added to the list but they still have some confusing barriers in place that still makes me owning a 360 or two essential to play older games even if I didn't have a sizable collection of games that aren't featured on the BC list. I still don't know why you can't purchase older games using your Microsoft balance or even get the free games you're awarded for having Gold....WITHOUT adding a fukking credit card?:mindblown: A quick log in on a 360 negates all this, but let's be frank, ain't everybody looking to keep a bunch of consoles around like me just to have to reach around this bullshyt hurdle.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
It's useful but not a factor for me. I still have my PlayStations 1-3. I skipped Xbox One, but I still have original Xbox and 360 games. Most likely I wouldn't go back to play those games though. Just like I don't go back and play many of the previous generation PlayStation games.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I seen a lot of Xbox owners brag about this feature, yall really be buying next-gen consoles to play last-gen's games? I usually dont look back when it comes to new consoles, i dont think i've played on my ps3 since the ps4 came out, and ps2/ps1 doesnt cross my mind.

I have 110 games on my X1...about a third of those games are BC and they were all free...either offered free as part of games w/ gold or included w/ the next-gen sequel of the game...I didn’t own a 360 so it’s actually cool to be able to play the exclusive games I wanted to last gen plus there are also 3rd party games I never got the chance to play last gen that I can catch up on now...it’s great to have the option to do so all on one console imo

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a big deal for me but it's cool within the first year or two. It's not that big of a deal years within the consoles life as then we'd be playing the new shyt

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
I love being able to play the newest games and go back and play a game I bought 10-15 years ago all on the same console. That's 1 of the things Microsoft did right..

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
care less about it on consoles...pc is backwards compatible with pretty much everything ever