How does someone leave their baby in the car unattended especially in the heat?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
I'm not buying anything of that horse shyt.

I'm an uncle raised a good handful of my nieces and nephews that look towards me as if I was there very own father. Never once did I leave them unattended in a car.

:dahell: you a parent?

Bullshyt

People do that shyt on purpose and know they will get away with it
Until yall have worked in a NICU or CICU, shut the fukk up.

Also, the internet is free. Use it to call out bullshyt if you see it. Since yall think I'm bullshyting, here's what the internet says.

Parents forgetting babies in cars is often attributed to a combination of cognitive failures and situational factors. Here are some key points explaining why this happens, along with cited sources:

1. **Memory Failure**: The primary reason is a lapse in memory. Human memory is not infallible, and routine tasks can become automated, leading to "autopilot" mode. When routines change, the brain can fail to remember the presence of a child in the car.
- Dr. David Diamond, a professor of psychology, explains that "The brain habit system is very reliable but it also has a fundamental flaw in that it can allow us to lose awareness of things that we would not ordinarily lose awareness of” .

2. **Stress and Fatigue**: Parents, especially those with young children, are often under significant stress and may be sleep-deprived. This combination can impair cognitive functions, including memory.
- Dr. Diamond further notes that "Sleep deprivation and stress can affect the functioning of the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain that stores memory” .

3. **Change in Routine**: A deviation from the usual routine can lead to forgetfulness. For example, if a parent who does not typically drop off the child at daycare has to do so, they might forget because it's not part of their normal routine.
- Research indicates that changes in daily routines are a significant factor in these tragedies. A study in "Pediatrics" found that parents who experienced a routine change were more likely to forget their child in the car .

4. **Absentmindedness and Multitasking**: Modern life often involves juggling multiple tasks simultaneously, which can lead to distraction and lapses in memory.
- "The Invisible Gorilla" by Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons discusses how multitasking and divided attention can lead to significant memory lapses, such as forgetting a child in the car .

These factors, combined with the tragic nature of such incidents, highlight the importance of preventive measures such as reminders, technology aids, and public awareness campaigns to reduce the risk of these occurrences.

Sources:
1. David Diamond, Ph.D. on memory and brain function related to forgetting children in cars.
2. "Hyperthermia Deaths of Children in Vehicles" - Jan Null, Department of Meteorology and Climate Science, San Jose State University.
3. National Safety Council on stress, fatigue, and memory lapses.
4. "Pediatrics" study on routine changes and their impact on memory.
5. "The Invisible Gorilla" by Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons.

If you coli geniuses disagree, write your own books and do your own research. Or shut the fukk up, I don't really care which you choose.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Until yall have worked in a NICU or CICU, shut the fukk up.

Also, the internet is free. Use it to call out bullshyt if you see it. Since yall think I'm bullshyting, here's what the internet says.

Parents forgetting babies in cars is often attributed to a combination of cognitive failures and situational factors. Here are some key points explaining why this happens, along with cited sources:

1. **Memory Failure**: The primary reason is a lapse in memory. Human memory is not infallible, and routine tasks can become automated, leading to "autopilot" mode. When routines change, the brain can fail to remember the presence of a child in the car.
- Dr. David Diamond, a professor of psychology, explains that "The brain habit system is very reliable but it also has a fundamental flaw in that it can allow us to lose awareness of things that we would not ordinarily lose awareness of” .

2. **Stress and Fatigue**: Parents, especially those with young children, are often under significant stress and may be sleep-deprived. This combination can impair cognitive functions, including memory.
- Dr. Diamond further notes that "Sleep deprivation and stress can affect the functioning of the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain that stores memory” .

3. **Change in Routine**: A deviation from the usual routine can lead to forgetfulness. For example, if a parent who does not typically drop off the child at daycare has to do so, they might forget because it's not part of their normal routine.
- Research indicates that changes in daily routines are a significant factor in these tragedies. A study in "Pediatrics" found that parents who experienced a routine change were more likely to forget their child in the car .

4. **Absentmindedness and Multitasking**: Modern life often involves juggling multiple tasks simultaneously, which can lead to distraction and lapses in memory.
- "The Invisible Gorilla" by Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons discusses how multitasking and divided attention can lead to significant memory lapses, such as forgetting a child in the car .

These factors, combined with the tragic nature of such incidents, highlight the importance of preventive measures such as reminders, technology aids, and public awareness campaigns to reduce the risk of these occurrences.

Sources:
1. David Diamond, Ph.D. on memory and brain function related to forgetting children in cars.
2. "Hyperthermia Deaths of Children in Vehicles" - Jan Null, Department of Meteorology and Climate Science, San Jose State University.
3. National Safety Council on stress, fatigue, and memory lapses.
4. "Pediatrics" study on routine changes and their impact on memory.
5. "The Invisible Gorilla" by Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons.

If you coli geniuses disagree, write your own books and do your own research. Or shut the fukk up, I don't really care which you choose.
But but but this is what the Internet says..... :camby: ....until you have children of your own don't be posting no bullshyt......

Last edited:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Assuming you're referring to yourself, did you leave them in a hot car if I may ask?
Not mine. But speaking from experience, no parent that cares about their baby intentionally leaves them in their car. On top of that, nothing you say will either console them or punish them as much as they punish themselves.

Of course no one here understands the severity and nuances of these events. It's all "bullshyt" for daps and reps

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Listen to this idiot trying to spin this....what you posted was bullshyt and then you caught your period over it ....bytch ass clown....
Like I said, fakkit. Until you lose a kid or produce your own research/book, you're just another yapping retard on the internet :unimpressed:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Like I said, fakkit. Until you lose a kid or produce your own research/book, you're just another yapping retard on the internet :unimpressed:
I have 4 kids of my own dumb motherfukker......you're the idiot who posted your bullshyt in here and thats why everyone was on your neck.....don't ever reproduce or reproduce again....:ufdup:....

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I have 4 kids, and at one time they were ages 4, 2 (twins), and 1. I live in hot ass Florida and been running around trying to get shyt done with them and been stressed to the gills and NEVER once for a moment “forgot” the kids in the car.

No matter how tired, stressed, excited, etc you are as a parent, if you gave a damn about your child, you not “forgetting” them in the car.

An attentive parent is going to think to themselves the whole drive to the destination “how is this situation going go since i got the kid(s) with me”. No excuse to “forget them”

One more thing: consider how much time it takes to prep to go out in public with a child, aint no way you mistakenly forgot them in the car. After the time it took me to get them changed, dressed, make sure i got enough diapers, enough pacifiers, enough bottles made, an extra pair of clothes, load up the stroller, put them in their car seat……no fukking way ima forget them. Also babies make noise alllll the fukking time when you drive if they aren’t sleep. No way you forget them

Last edited: