How do you manage all these passwords?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There are too many passwords for too many random websites. It's getting out of hand. I have about 5 or so passwords I randomly use on all my sites but half the time I have to reset them because I forget which one I used where. I'm not sure I want to go with something like Lastpass because it isn't that much different than using the same password everywhere because once they get into the password vault they have all the passwords.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just use the same one, but its a really nice mix of being long, capitols and lowecase, and a bunch of numbers.
Your problem isn't how complex the password is it's that when one of these websites gets compromised the person that gets your password will use that same one on every site they can think of because what you're doing is what most people do.

Websites get compromised a lot.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Your problem isn't how complex the password is it's that when one of these websites gets compromised the person that gets your password will use that same one on every site they can think of because what you're doing is what most people do.

Websites get compromised a lot.
I switch em up when we hear about one being compromised, usually I get email alerts

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
lastpass seems cool but the passwords are hosted on a server so they could be hacked. i guess it's good if you need your passwords when you are out and about.

I have been using this for a long time now and it does the job. the passwords are saved onto your system instead of online somewhere. it is a extension for firefox
Saved Password Editor

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I switch em up when we hear about one being compromised, usually I get email alerts
Somebody got into my Best Buy account and ordered an iPad Pro. I got the email alert and canceled the order but if I was using the same password on every site at that point I have to log onto all of them and change them. My Best Buy password was only in common with my Amazon password so I only had to change those two.

All my credit cards except my Best Buy store one sent me text alerts and notifications when they're used.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Somebody got into my Best Buy account and ordered an iPad Pro. I got the email alert and canceled the order but if I was using the same password on every site at that point I have to log onto all of them and change them. My Best Buy password was only in common with my Amazon password so I only had to change those two.

All my credit cards except my Best Buy store one sent me text alerts and notifications when they're used.

What's your best buy password now? If you don't mind me asking

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think my strategy going forward will be to use Lastpass on most things except my email accounts. Make sure both primary email accounts I use have different passwords on them and use 2FA on both.