How do you gain muscle but lose belly fat?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Added 3 so far. In my third month. I consumed 1500 cals the first two month. Upped to 2200 now. I didn’t gain lean muscle until the 3rd month though.
And the third month is when you added cals above 1,500?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
He can definitely tone up w/ muscle and lose plenty of weight in 5 months . Especially if he’s already starting out bigger. He won’t have abs, but he will look and feel noticeably different .

The cats who steady saying things are impossible are usually the ones who were never that big in the first place .

in fairness that’s different than what he asked about. Nobody is disputing he can lose weight. Saying he can lose the weight and add 5-10 pounds of lean muscle mass. I can’t see how anyone can say that’s truly attainable at the same time. And that’s likely relative to how much he needs to lose.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in fairness that’s different than what he asked about. Nobody is disputing he can lose weight. Saying he can lose the weight and add 5-10 pounds of lean muscle mass. I can’t see how anyone can say that’s truly attainable at the same time. And that’s likely relative to how much he needs to lose.
I agree mostly with you post based on the perspective of reality. It’s possible to achieve what he wants but realistically it’s not unless he has. Tone and dedication to achieve that which most adults don’t. Last year I lost over 40 lbs(213 to 165) from Feb to July. And that wasn’t hard once I dedicated myself to that lifestyle. I’m at building muscle so I don’t know how long it would’ve taken me to build muscle like I aspired to but I never got the chance and opportunity to find out because I didn’t have the time(or support by my s/o) to jump into that phase of my plan. If I was single or without family with my determination I felt like I could’ve gotten close to my goals but who knows right?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I agree mostly with you post based on the perspective of reality. It’s possible to achieve what he wants but realistically it’s not unless he has. Tone and dedication to achieve that which most adults don’t. Last year I lost over 40 lbs(213 to 165) from Feb to July. And that wasn’t hard once I dedicated myself to that lifestyle. I’m at building muscle so I don’t know how long it would’ve taken me to build muscle like I aspired to but I never got the chance and opportunity to find out because I didn’t have the time(or support by my s/o) to jump into that phase of my plan. If I was single or without family with my determination I felt like I could’ve gotten close to my goals but who knows right?

I mean yes and no. I'm generalizing here but often times the OP's question isn't realistic how they envision. It's usually coming from a beginner or "casual" lifter/trainee. So in that regard the idea that he's going to lose midsection and gain 5-10 pounds of lean muscle in that time frame isn't realistic.

Building lean muscle mass with minimal fat gain is hard and takes time. Anyone telling you otherwise isn't being honest.

The bigger point is relative to this forum we need to answer these questions better. I'm not taking shots @Swirv but what he's suggesting just needs more context. Dropping cals for two months and then upping them to gain muscle is achievable (I don't think it would work for OP) but his originally suggestion wasn't that detailed.

It's less about doubting what an individual has done and more about being realistic that the suggestion likely isn't transitive :manny:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean yes and no. I'm generalizing here but often times the OP's question isn't realistic how they envision. It's usually coming from a beginner or "casual" lifter/trainee. So in that regard the idea that he's going to lose midsection and gain 5-10 pounds of lean muscle in that time frame isn't realistic.

Building lean muscle mass with minimal fat gain is hard and takes time. Anyone telling you otherwise isn't being honest.

The bigger point is relative to this forum we need to answer these questions better. I'm not taking shots @Swirv but what he's suggesting just needs more context. Dropping cals for two months and then upping them to gain muscle is achievable (I don't think it would work for OP) but his originally suggestion wasn't that detailed.

It's less about doubting what an individual has done and more about being realistic that the suggestion likely isn't transitive :manny:
Fair enough.

@Frump have you begun your journey?

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
apartment-kitchen-before-painting.jpg

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can I ask what changes you made to help lose 40lbs

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cut the sweets and fast food out. Tried keto for minute. Intermittent fast. Avoid vending machines. Be more active. Started walking to places I needed to be instead of driving
My weaknesses lol I am active I box and workout 3 to 5 days a week