How do you gain muscle but lose belly fat?

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m looking to build maybe 5-10 lb’s of muscle for the summer but at the same time get rid of a winter gut. How do you go over a certain amount of calories everyday to build muscle yet lose belly fat?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I’m looking to build maybe 5-10 lb’s of muscle for the summer but at the same time get rid of a winter gut. How do you go over a certain amount of calories everyday to build muscle yet lose belly fat?

You can't, at least not naturally. You don't have enough time to complete a body recomposition of that scale by this summer.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
You can lose some water weight , that way it will at least look like you lost stomach fat, but idk if you really lose it . Your ab circumference will decrease tho. That’s is pretty easy tho, just have to do whatever diet fits you . Intermittent Fasting, Keto, Atkins, Juicing, Veggies only can have you looking slimmer in no time .

Do HIIT or high reps w/ lower weight. That will help .

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Cut out all processed sugars and foods if you can. Eat half of what you currently do now. Fasting helps.

Do compound movements with resistance and sweat a lot in cardio. 30 sec breaks.

train hard every other day but move still on off days. Lots of sleep will help tremendously.

You can do it but you’ll have to sacrifice

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Cut out all processed sugars and foods if you can. Eat half of what you currently do now. Fasting helps.

Do compound movements with resistance and sweat a lot in cardio. 30 sec breaks.

train hard every other day but move still on off days. Lots of sleep will help tremendously.

You can do it but you’ll have to sacrifice
Come on y’all we gotta stop this type of advice:

So now he’s supposed to half cals a day (which we don’t even know what he’s at) do compound lifts with short rest periods and sweat inducing cardio?!

Even at 3000 cals he supposed to cut to 1500 and do all that AND that’s going to build 5-10 pounds muscle and lose fat in 5 months?!

Come on guise

Last edited:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Come on y’all we gotta stop this type of advice:

So now he’s supposed to half cals a day (which we don’t even know what he’s at do compound lifts with short rest periods and sweat inducing cardio?!

Even at 3000 cals he supposed to cut to 1500 and do all that AND that’s going to build 5-10 pounds muscle and lose fat in 5 months?!

Come on guise
It worked for me. I don’t know if he’s going to get 10 pounds of muscle but 5 is definitely possible.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You added 5 pounds of muscle and and lost fat on a cut where you reduced calories in half?
Added 3 so far. In my third month. I consumed 1500 cals the first two month. Upped to 2200 now. I didn’t gain lean muscle until the 3rd month though.