How do you feel about 2k football?!

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I'm really deep into it (or lack thereof) and I'm waiting for another football game that is enjoyable. The last one I had was all-pro 2k8. I stopped playing it back in 2010 but I played for a solid 2 years online (with over 600 games or so played or more). I was thinking about buying madden but after playing the demo and hearing the news of Ncaa license expiring soon and a "POSSIBLE" NFL renewal not going through, I decided against it. It comes down to gameplay really. When I'm playing madden, it just feels like I lack control of my players whereas in 2k, control is the central focus. Madden's momentum while running feels like I'm driving a ocean liner while 2ks feel like a damn a bmw. I realize that they haven't released an nfl title in over 8 years now but every year that goes by, I still wait for a return from these guys because that engine was SUPERIOR to any football game I've ever played. The last madden I bought was madden 06 and I literally was seconds away from :piss: gasoline on it and taking it out in the parking lot and setting it a blaze. shyt had me :mindblown::mindblown:. But I eventually traded it in for burnout. Anyways, I know I'm not the only one that feels this way here...

Piano Reevez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP, I think we've played each other on 2K8. :ohhh:

My GT was Thirty3 Degrees, and from what I remember you were a dope Sim player. :myman:

I miss 2K Football. :damn:

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
To put it as shortly as possible -- the NFL 2K series was on the brink of doing to Madden what the NBA 2K series is currently doing to NBA Live. And that is, not trying to son the competition by monopolizing the market (EA), but instead, sonning the opposition to the point that they don't even want to compete.

Now to add on:

as I type this -- I'm realizing that Tiburon (EA) has successfully killed this entire gen of football gaming for me because I can't tolerate the garbage that they continuously put out yearly.

-When I see something like multiple defenders going into unison animations that, the user themselves, can't control to allow an offense to score, I give up.

-When I see a 250 lbs RB get 'hit stick' by a 175 CB, and the 250 lbs RB goes flying as if he got hit by a mack truck, I give up.

-When I see static behavior and movements by the o-line as they struggle to figure out which man to 'vacuum in' for a block, I give up. As an aside, why is double team blocking such a rarity in this game?

-When I see no semblance of foot planting, but instead, I see an inordinate amount of ice skating on a field football like blade runners, I give up.

-When I see a total lack of distinction amongst players in terms of behavior, player specific animations, and ratings not being worth a damn in the equation, I give up. The same can be said about the teams as well -- they all play and feel virtually the same.

-When I see options actually being taken away (I'm talking about CCM here) from the consumer, so you, as a company, can force the consumer to play online, so you can not only micro-transaction us to death, but also, you're trying to usher in an era of your games going largely digital, so you can stop people from buying your trash game used, I give up.

Now all of the shyt that I briefly touched on, and I didn't even get into the crux of the X's and O's where they consistently fail miserably at. I honestly don't know how people can stomach the shyt sandwich Tiburon (EA) continuously is serving them. I can see a bit of needing that football fix, but when I watch an actual football game and compare it to Madden..... It actually discourage me from wanting anything to do with Madden because it shows you how far from reality Madden really is.

since they've bought the exclusive license, they've done nothing to grow the brand of the NFL, but instead, opted to use the brand as a crutch knowing that a lot of people will still buy because of that red, white, and blue logo. I pray that the NFL can see this, or that EA somehow come to a conclusion that a exclusive license isn't worth it because video game football is pretty much dead to me at the moment. I want another choice in the worst way.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
lakers.gif

put you back in green for that one brother.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
To put it as shortly as possible -- the NFL 2K series was on the brink of doing to Madden what the NBA 2K series is currently doing to NBA Live. And that is, not trying to son the competition by monopolizing the market (EA), but instead, sonning the opposition to the point that they don't even want to compete.

Now to add on:

as I type this -- I'm realizing that Tiburon (EA) has successfully killed this entire gen of football gaming for me because I can't tolerate the garbage that they continuously put out yearly.

-When I see something like multiple defenders going into unison animations that, the user themselves, can't control to allow an offense to score, I give up.

-When I see a 250 lbs RB get 'hit stick' by a 175 CB, and the 250 lbs RB goes flying as if he got hit by a mack truck, I give up.

-When I see static behavior and movements by the o-line as they struggle to figure out which man to 'vacuum in' for a block, I give up. As an aside, why is double team blocking such a rarity in this game?

-When I see no semblance of foot planting, but instead, I see an inordinate amount of ice skating on a field football like blade runners, I give up.

-When I see a total lack of distinction amongst players in terms of behavior, player specific animations, and ratings not being worth a damn in the equation, I give up. The same can be said about the teams as well -- they all play and feel virtually the same.

-When I see options actually being taken away (I'm talking about CCM here) from the consumer, so you, as a company, can force the consumer to play online, so you can not only micro-transaction us to death, but also, you're trying to usher in an era of your games going largely digital, so you can stop people from buying your trash game used, I give up.

Now all of the shyt that I briefly touched on, and I didn't even get into the crux of the X's and O's where they consistently fail miserably at. I honestly don't know how people can stomach the shyt sandwich Tiburon (EA) continuously is serving them. I can see a bit of needing that football fix, but when I watch an actual football game and compare it to Madden..... It actually discourage me from wanting anything to do with Madden because it shows you how far from reality Madden really is.

since they've bought the exclusive license, they've done nothing to grow the brand of the NFL, but instead, opted to use the brand as a crutch knowing that a lot of people will still buy because of that red, white, and blue logo. I pray that the NFL can see this, or that EA somehow come to a conclusion that a exclusive license isn't worth it because video game football is pretty much dead to me at the moment. I want another choice in the worst way.

Dapped n repped.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
OP, I think we've played each other on 2K8. :ohhh:

My GT was Thirty3 Degrees, and from what I remember you were a dope Sim player. :myman:

I miss 2K Football. :damn:
yea that gt sounds familiar...im sure I played you. Yea my % stayed above 90 the entire time..think urs was high 80s or 90s too

Now to add on:

ok so you feel the exact same as I do. We can only hope bruh...keep them fingers crossed

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
whats funny is im sure 2k has a football game already developed and waiting...
I don't know I'm sure they're working on other projects but it would be nice if they had something ready to go if they can ever get the license back.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I miss my xbox and 2k5, I've gotta get it back...I just threw madden 12 in the bushes and fidduck 13