How do you deal with racism while gaming online?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Man, you'd think I would be over this shyt by now. I grew up gaming when XBL first started in like 03. I was what? 13 years old, dodging this shyt and retaliating. But some snotty mouth mayonnaise chugging melanin deficient white boy kept calling me a ****** over and over and over again. I normally have toxic free matches on Overwatch. But not tonight. To make the matter worse...

I WAS ON HIS TEAM.

Normally I would just KIM, mute him, and whatever. But I'm lightweight drunk (day off tomorrow) and I decided to engage. And it's like...you know you'd never hear them talk so brazenly to you IRL.

Y'all just completely ignore it? Y'all engage in it? I swear to god if I had the ability to track folks based off their Blizzard ID or PSN I would probably be classified as a serial killer by now.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I don't. I don't play games online any more unless I'm in a party with my friends. Playing online is WOAT to me. Games lag, kids loud as shyt, racist... It just ain't fun to me.
That's how I was for a grip. Then Siege brought me back. Then OW. Haven't dealt with much toxicity but this fakkit tonight got me hot smh

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Trying to learn to embrace the hate. I'm not great at OW but my Bastion is toxic and my Lucio is pretty fire. I need to do that then I guess. fukk else can I do besides report them
Oh that time of hate mail, besides OW,all my hate mail is becuz of someone on the other team that I'm destroying, yeah OW is the only game where your own teamates will send u hate mail, on X1 it's easy, bait them into sending you something in a Messege, report it,ans MS will send you a message saying that they been banned :mjlol:

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Ever since the party system was created for Xbox it really weeded out the racism. Most people aren't on regular chat. Which is unfortunate, I really loved shyt talking. The racism did get annoying though. I handled it by honing my mouth piece and touching on undeniable facts.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I don't. I don't play games online any more unless I'm in a party with my friends. Playing online is WOAT to me. Games lag, kids loud as shyt, racist... It just ain't fun to me.
I play on PC now so it's not as heavy on the mics as console. I see dumb racist stuff in the chat box on battlefield 1 all the time. I just ignore it and focus on my objectives. I feel you though the offline experience is better. Multiplayer depends on the community to make it great and we know how toxic people can be.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't play online much for that reason.

I remember being told to go play PSN because that's where nikkerz play after losing a match on Gears 3 years ago. :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Man, you'd think I would be over this shyt by now. I grew up gaming when XBL first started in like 03. I was what? 13 years old, dodging this shyt and retaliating. But some snotty mouth mayonnaise chugging melanin deficient white boy kept calling me a ****** over and over and over again. I normally have toxic free matches on Overwatch. But not tonight. To make the matter worse...

I WAS ON HIS TEAM.

Normally I would just KIM, mute him, and whatever. But I'm lightweight drunk (day off tomorrow) and I decided to engage. And it's like...you know you'd never hear them talk so brazenly to you IRL.

Y'all just completely ignore it? Y'all engage in it? I swear to god if I had the ability to track folks based off their Blizzard ID or PSN I would probably be classified as a serial killer by now.
I don't have these problems, maybe it's the games you play. You playing white boy games like overwatch when you should be playing Def Jam Vendetta :ufdup:
This^^^ nikkas are too soft.....if someone says something racist to you then say something racist back....simple
That can be seen as the monkey see monkey do method, I believe you have to assess the situation then react intelligently :manny:
I don't play online much for that reason.

I remember being told to go play PSN because that's where nikkerz play after losing a match on Gears 3 years ago. :mjlol:
And then you listened :wow: