How Do People Eat And Drink So Much Sugar?

Dreadknox77

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gave up sugar 3 months ago. It’s a whole different feeling. I feel way lighter, my appetite has reduced significantly to the point I eat once a day, sometimes once every two days.

Skin has cleared up , the dark circles around my eyes are gone. Combined with working out 3-4 times a week, the best I’ve felt in years .

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Each example you used is an extreme case.
Garden variety obese people can educate themselves and make better choices about eating .

You are right to a degree but it's much more pervasive than you think. This article talks about how food companies are starting to change what they put in foods based on how the new weight loss drugs are going to change peoples eating habits.

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...-meals-wade-carefully-into-weight-2024-06-20/

What I'm getting at is everything about food has been made to make us addicted and overeat. Now that there is a chemical out there than can curb that for a significant portion of the population the companies are now looking to change the contents and portions of the foods they've been making for years to accommodate those new habits.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
i cut all that stuff out my diet. simple carbs, sugars, etc. stated this journey december of last year and ive lost 92 lbs. down from 290 lbs. sugar, carbs will kill you. my wiz was drinking them from dunking. i showed her the macros, now she just uses organic almond milk and decaf at home.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Now all of a sudden, y'all lyin' ass nikkas don't eat sugar. Da healthiest bunch on Earth, TheColi is.
As someone who actually eats healthy, these threads are always annoying.

"How could anybody eat that?"
Easy. It taste good and eating unhealthy is addictive. Coli need to stop acting dumb.

"People still go to McDonald's?":scust:
Yes. It's a billion dollar company.
Nobody gives a shyt that you don't.

What's that saying:
They ain't stop making guns after they made yours

Well people didn't stop eating whatever the hell they wanted just because you stopped lol.

vino

Superstar
Daps
Gave up sugar 3 months ago. It’s a whole different feeling. I feel way lighter, my appetite has reduced significantly to the point I eat once a day, sometimes once every two days.

Skin has cleared up , the dark circles around my eyes are gone. Combined with working out 3-4 times a week, the best I’ve felt in years .

you’re eating zero processed foods?

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps

Skin has cleared up , the dark circles around my eyes are gone. Combined with working out 3-4 times a week, the best I’ve felt in years
:ohhh:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Certain foods such as junk foods, sweets, fast foods, fried foods, etc can trigger the “award system” in our brains which then releases the self-produced chemicals, dopamine, and serotonin, further putting us in a state of pleasure that is similar to how humans feel after sex, drinking their favorite alcohol, or using a drug/narcotic.

So due to those feelings, the more we eat these particular foods we become overwhelmed with the pleasurable sensation manifesting in our brains. Junk food is an addiction in the same way that drugs, alcohol, and sex are in our lives.

Similar to drug and alcohol addiction, junk food addiction can also cause health problems (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) and potentially kill you in due time.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yesterday I drank a 20oz for the first time since college, god damn, that thing had 72g of sugar. That’s more than is in a pint of ice cream. I never was a soda person, but I see why local governments attacked sodas like they did :merchant: