How do build up to squatting 225 x 40?

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My bday is in Feb and I want to do 225 x 40. How would yall brehs go about building up to that.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ten easy but a nikka ain't been on his gym grind too hard.
The easiest way to add reps is to continue with the same weight and do more reps. Kinda like pull-ups. It’s not the most efficient way but it is the most simple.

Also, most people don’t train legs hard enough. Muscle media magazine had an article on breathing squats which says you can take your 10rm and do 20 reps with it for the reason I just mentioned.

I went from 315x10 to 315x20 in one week because I was one of the people the article was talking about.

I don’t know you like that, your mileage may very. Be careful and train safe.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The easiest way to add reps is to continue with the same weight and do more reps. Kinda like pull-ups. It’s not the most efficient way but it is the most simple.

Also, most people don’t train legs hard enough. Muscle media magazine had an article on breathing squats which says you can take your 10rm and do 20 reps with it for the reason I just mentioned.

I went from 315x10 to 315x20 in one week because I was one of the people the article was talking about.

Breathing reps is just taking it slower and breathing correct? I also don't wear a belt when I squat. I feel like belts can be a dangerous crutch. Like you'll rely on it too much.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Breathing reps is just taking it slower and breathing correct? I also don't wear a belt when I squat. I feel like belts can be a dangerous crutch. Like you'll rely on it too much.

@trap101 :mjlol:

Belts aren't "a dangerous crutch" they're just a tool to help with bracing.

You can get folded in half with or without a belt.
A solid 13mm belt would def make your goal easier to achieve though. :sas2:

Son Goku

Daps

Repped. :obama:

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@trap101 :mjlol:

Belts aren't "a dangerous crutch" they're just a tool to help with bracing.

You can get folded in half with or without a belt.
A solid 13mm belt would def make your goal easier to achieve though. :sas2:
Not sure why you're laughing. Thats how I see belts:yeshrug: they're good and bad to me.

Son Goku

Daps
Random ass goal lol
Is there any particular reason you want to train your muscular endurance rather than just put up higher numbers overall OP?

Some folks do "birthday squats" where they squat a single weight (315 or 225 for little dudes :lolbron: ) for as many reps as they are old. :skip:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Correct. Stand in the rack and take as many breaths as possible to hit the next rep until you hit your target. To be clear, i’m definitely not advocating you breath until you hit 40 if you’re at 10 today.

I agree with you on weight belts, I haven’t used one in over a decade. I don’t think they’re dangerous but there’s no need to lift heavy enough to hurt yourself unless you’re trying to go pro at something.

If I can lift the weight without assistance I shouldn’t be lifting that heavy.