How did WCW get away with Glacier?

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
It's not like Smells Like Teen Spirit is some niche rock song only white people know. It's been used in hundreds of movies, commercials, games, TV shows for almost 30 years. Literally one of the biggest and most popular songs of all time. To have a cultural blind spot that large is genuinely kind of baffling.
maybe they're just lucky. i hate that song.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
WCW somehow got away with a ton of blatant biting. Glacier wasn't even the most glaring example. The Artist legit had Prince's 'Purple Rain' as a theme. Hell, his gimmick was Prince :mjlol: Prince must not have known WCW even existed for him not to make a couple of calls. Dude didnt play about his image or music. :heh: Hell, dont think Spotify even got his music until after he passed.

And Raven had one of my favorite themes of all time, but it's clearly Nirvanas 'Come As You Are.' Ted Turner had to have had an iron clad network of buddies and a rock solid legal team.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!

I knew about DDP having Smells Like Teen Spirit but I didn't know about this.
thRl2t9.png

I listen to Stone Cold's podcast and he said even his theme is a complete rip off from one of his favourite Rock songs.
thRl2t9.png

thRl2t9.png

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
All in All...this tells us all what we as wrasslin fans should already know.....WCW truly was..the fukkin twilight zone of wrestling:russ:...like Anything! you wanted to do...they let you do:russ:...as long as yo ass dont cut into Hoegans Time:birdman:.....or Hoegans shine ya feel me?:birdman::ufdup:
it just furthers my view I had as a kid that Wcw is a rip off of WWF, even though it wasn't it was still ripping off shyt