How did the Arabs get through North Africa so fast in the 7th century

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From listening to John Henrik Clarke vids didn't they intermarry with the population and then those biracial people began the roots of the slave trade? I think it was this vid not 100%

Off the top of my head, I think he's Talking about the Moors of Iberia/ Morroco, Mauritania and how the Arabs bred them down. Which is true, but unrelevant when discussing the conquest

We both agreeing with each other lol. It is amazing however what the Arabs did in the North they destroyed and assimilated the people like nothing. If you read Herodotus and look at old paintings the skin shade was totally different then it is now.

yep

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
not really, it took them 50-60yrs to conquer from Syria to Spain, how did they do it so quick
do you not understand the knowledge and technology levels of the groups they defeated up through Europe?...

You're downplaying the knowledge transfer between africa and Mediterranean cultures....

It was like if aliens came to earth.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At first.... many of these African tribes simply converted... There was literally No need for forced conversions at the time because entire Kingdoms were converting. Trade was much more important and Islam brought certain rules and unity to certain detached tribes.

Some of the groups that converted were already trading with the world and had technology n knowledge. So the 'Arab's (as a modern concept) race didn't really sweep through Africa.... Much of it was these Muslims that swept through.... not as a race, but as a group of black and brown people.
And even in places like the Sudan... we have it all confused because we only know what the US school system tells us. Those people still practice ancient african religions.... even if they are Christian or Muslim... they hold on to their tribal shyt. Islam just united madddd tribes that really had no reason to be united before.... so once there was an "african" Muslim group --- That group went on to take over North Africa all the way up to Spain. before that one AFrican tribe felt ZERO connection to the next african tribe.. Not like we do now as 'black' people.

When we talk about the black people who did all that shyt... technically we are talking on black arab muslims. Arab isn't a race. Some are Asian, some are African.

Apologies, I stopped reading here

In all intellectual honesty
, we cannot believe that these people willing gave up their Gods, Culture and Ideolgies without Military intervention

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do you not understand the knowledge and technology levels of the groups they defeated up through Europe?...

You're downplaying the knowledge transfer between africa and Mediterranean cultures....

It was like if aliens came to earth.

I'm not quite sure what you're implying here... elaborate

Is this the 'primitive African' ideology?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
In all intellectual honesty, we cannot believe that these people willing gave up their Gods, Culture and Ideolgies without Military intervention

They gave it up for trade purposes. The Arabs throughout Africa was smart to control and the trade routes and ports which made conversion easy. Damn I wish the African wasn't too friendly the Europeans and Arabs were just so vicious.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: but I haven't given my opinion on it yet.
when the environment/culture is islam/christian there's never much forced conversation that needs to be done.

my first bytch was arab and told me i couldnt marry her cause i wasn't muslim :sadcam:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gave it up for trade purposes. The Arabs throughout Africa was smart to control and the trade routes and ports which made conversion easy. Damn I wish the African wasn't too friendly the Europeans and Arabs were just so vicious.

These are western ideologies, you see this often during Western teachings of the occupation of Africa

that 'Africans were too friendly, openly gave away their land, resources and infrastructure'..

Nothing more than a general misconception... powered by the social order. Wars were fought, many casualties.

What if I told you that black people of the Ethiopian, Somalian, Eritrean phenotype were once a peoples of GREAT GREAT GREAT numbers who populated the whole of the middle east before they were systematically killed untill numbers dropped as low as you see them today.

this is fact btw

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why we on North Africa let's talk about how the civilization of the Minoans and Rome/Greece were built by Blacks who knowledge came from Northern and central Africa.
we can move on once my questions get answered

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
These are western ideologies, you see this often during Western teachings of the occupation of Africa

that 'Africans were too friendly, openly gave away their land, resources and infrastructure'..

Nothing more than a general misconception... powered by the social order. Wars were fought, many casualties.

What if I told you that black people of the Ethiopian, Somalian, Eritrean phenotype were once a peoples of GREAT GREAT GREAT numbers who populated the whole of the middle east before they were systematically killed untill numbers dropped as low as you see them today.

this is fact btw

I agree but the way the Arab infiltrated Africa was by the trading routes. Read up on the downfall on the greatest western African civilizations. The Arabs started by trade and they made their move.

Ethiopia had a massive kingdom which stretched from Ancient Rome to India. Parts of its existence is in pieces.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
In all intellectual honesty, we cannot believe that these people willing gave up their Gods, Culture and Ideolgies without Military intervention

Well I know for a fact that Borders has some books on it... plus there's the internet if you want to research.. or you can listen to a nikka that comes directly from these cultures...

You're confused.. you actually believe that they gave up all their gods, culture, and ideologies.... The current african muslim groups are some of the only places on earth that still practice the First religions.. Have u been to international mosque before.. all types of languages, ways of dress, ideas, and views on shyt.

real quick.

1) the first contact w Muslims was when African groups took in the first Muslims who were being chased and murked off by Arab groups who didn't like the ideas behind - one god, hygiene, women property rights, and the tenets of Islam (charity, praying n shyt)

2) The military attacks attacked other Arab and Persian groups first.. and involved freed African slaves.... The African attacks came later.... but your being foolish talking about original cultures... WHEN most of THE groups that were attacked in Africa were CHRISTIAN groups... that was the target because they had the kingdoms by then - plus were already monotheistic. Ethiopia, Egypt, Nubia--- Christians who were flipped to Islam... not Original africa flipped to Islam.

3) East Africa... some trade shyt.. plain and simple. That's why that happened. whether it was presian, ottoman, arab,,,, they were the get down or lay down groups.

4) Islam isn't like hindu, christian, Jewish, all the random religions that used to exist.. IT Allows u to keep ur original culture and most of ur values. So it was appealing to the African leaders. There was no 'we are a black' people back then.. There were thousands of disconnected groups. It broke down Ethic loyalties so it allowed huge groups to be formed.... they went on to enlighten the rest of the world.