How did/does it feel being the token black dude in college?

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
my uni was mostly white so among the :skip:in the dorm I was the token :smugbron: whenever they had parties...there was this one white chick who was in the hip hop dance team and I used to freestyle so she could shaker her ass for us :krs:

invited them boyz to one of the parties I went to (black/white/African/Caribbean/Asian) dem cats barely lasted 10 minutes thinking some1 gonna rob them and shyt :stopitslime: Im like who wants to rob your broke looking asses mang :beli:

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
I go to a mostly white school in the middle of Detroit so Im like to go to guy for all random shyt,like driving random white girls to the Coney down the street at 11 pm,referring weed men,and questions about the hood in general.

One white girl saw me brushing my hair and was like ":dwillhuh: is that how u guys wave it up?":heh:.I've never had group work issues.shyt has been an interesting experience. :manny:.

White freshman girls though :wow:,good eating.

Breh, what school do attend WSU,UDM, or Marygrove?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Did people look at your weird when you walked into class?

What type of questions did people ask you?

Anyone ever accuse you of something?

Did people treat you differently since you were the only black dude around?
Climb out from under the rock dude.

Plenty of black people in colleges and universities. Blacks arent the majority there but then again blacks arent the majority in this country either (far less than 20% last i checked) so why would you expect a crown of blacks?

Ya'll kill me with the ignorance about your own people.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I had a FatCac chick ask me why all you guys smell like chocolate? :aicmon: You can just tell I was the first Blackhead she saw since she looked in the mirror :facepalm: I Told her I don't know about any one else but I use Cocoa Butter. and why did she smell like 3 day old Fetta cheese.

edit she was greek

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I would honestly say the blacks at my school were ten times as racist than whites. Honestly, the black and white students mainly kept to themselves and went to their own social functions, hangouts, etc. But black students openly ridiculed me if I went to a white bar or the football game. They would say shyt like "why you want to do that white shyt." Meanwhile, I knew plenty of white people who attended black events such as probate shows, frat parties, fashion shows, etc.