How come they don't make great games any more??

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Nah I still play. It’s just quality games don’t come by no more unless it’s a franchise. There used to be at least 5-6 games every year with critical acclaim, another 5 right below that . We don’t get that anymore.
The games you're trying to brush aside have critical acclaim though :pachaha:

You might just need to take a break and come back whenever you feel the time is right for a refresher. Personally, it's too many new releases and too much in a backlog for me to say gaming is falling off. I literally don't have time for all the shyt I want to play anymore so I have to take it 1 or 2 games at a time. If the output is actually that slow now...fukk it :yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll point out some reasons.

You just getting older

You probably experienced a lot of things that these games try to force feed as "experiences"

Free time, regardless of how much actually free time you have the older you get the more valuable that time becomes.

Hype, hype is the number one killer of games and entertainment now imo. You can follow and know every detail almost of a game before it releases and the hype from fans and the media just gives you all kind of unrealistic expectations.

If you are older, most of these gaming experiences aren't new.

Especially if you a 70/80s baby. Think about it.

We got to experience, the start, middle and while VR/AR is probably the end... We even get a taste of that.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

You just getting older

You probably experienced a lot of things that these games try to force feed as "experiences"

Free time, regardless of how much actually free time you have the older you get the more valuable that time becomes.

Hype, hype is the number one killer of games and entertainment now imo. You can follow and know every detail almost of a game before it releases and the hype from fans and the media just gives you all kind of unrealistic expectations.

We got to experience, the start, middle and while VR/AR is probably the end... We even get a taste of that.

All that "new" experiences tip, while valuable and has its merit, is a bit overstated by most these days. shyt ain't been new in damn near any walk of life for ages now.

"Ain't nothing new under the sun, it ain't what you do, it's how it's done."

Even the shyt that's been done before, gets so improved upon that it still makes the experience very worthwhile. The flipside of "new shyt" is that just cuz shyt is new doesn't mean it's always worthwhile and also, sometimes the new shyt gets overlooked cuz folks hung up in nolstagia. The irony.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
The games you're trying to brush aside have critical acclaim though :pachaha:

You might just need to take a break and come back whenever you feel the time is right for a refresher. Personally, it's too many new releases and too much in a backlog for me to say gaming is falling off. I literally don't have time for all the shyt I want to play anymore so I have to take it 1 or 2 games at a time. If the output is actually that slow now...fukk it :yeshrug:
Nikka those games are boring.

You just getting older

No nikka it has nothing to do with that. I hate games like Fortnite and Roblox.

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps
This reads like the 3 million flabby and sick threads you usually see in the booth talking about why there's no good music out there anymore:flabbynsick:

Trash. Real time waster

Nah I still play. It’s just quality games don’t come by no more unless it’s a franchise. There used to be at least 5-6 games every year with critical acclaim, another 5 right below that . We don’t get that anymore.

"Back in the 90s there were 5-6 classic albums coming out every year" :flabbynsick:

"Back in the Golden Era 90s we preferred quality over quantity" :flabbynsick:

stfu:mjlol:

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Games dont innovate like they use to... titan fall 1 and 2 set the standard for fps gameplay but got over shadowed because EA decided to release it right when battlefield and duty dropped.

Last of us part 2 is amazing on normal difficulty but if you turn it up you will realize what a great job naughty dog did with the ai...

Botw innovated

Hoping elden ring will change the souls type games